Chapter 11

Amy's POV:

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my son and his mate. My baby finally found his mate...   

 "Amy, are you crying?" Cayden whispered. I looked at him and quickly wiped my eyes. 

 "No, I'm not crying." I smiled playfully. Cayden rolled his eyes and held me tightly in his arms. 

 "Just remember, love, no matter what happens, he will always be our baby." 

 "Your right, Cayden. And we'll always have each other.." I smiled and kissed his cheek. I was proud of my son and happy for him. I was excited to meet her, though I never expected to see what I saw. 

 When Altan walked up to Cayden and I, he introduced her as his mate and asked if we'd come talk to the Alpha and Luna with him. Cayden and I listened in horror as Altan related what Shane had told him and as Renae confirmed this. 

 "Renae, honey, is the rest of your body the same as your face?" Kelly asked. Kelly and Alex were asked to at least sit in and help where needed. After all, Quinn and Robin were still new.

 "Yes, ma'am..." she said quietly. 

 We could plainly see her arms, legs, and face. It made me want to scoop that poor child up in a hug and just comfort her. No doubt it made Cayden want to hold her and never let go, but also, go up to her family and beat the living daylights out of them. 

 Alex got up and walked over to Renae. "Renae, I deeply apologize for what you've been through. I never allowed this in my pack. I thought every pack member was treated equally. I didn't know that there was an exception." 

 "I'm only treated fairly when you or another pack leader is around. They made sure to keep me and everything they did a secret. And they did it very well...Till today, I suppose." Altan pulled her closer to him and smiled at her. It was kinda a reassuring smile. 

 "Well, Quinn and I will not tolerate this kind of treatment either. Especially to our future Gamma's mate." Robin declared. 

 "That's right. Uncle Cayden, Uncle Zack, would you get Uncle Micah and go with us to Renae's house?" "Of course, Quinn." Zack replied and went to go find Micah. He came back with Micah, Herold, Genova, and Malia. 

 "Might we come along, Robin, Quinn?" Malia asked. 

 "I do know how great you and your sister are with your powers. And Uncle Herold is as good in fighting as Uncle Micah. I agree. Robin?" Quinn turned to her mate and he nodded. 

 "Renae, I know you must be a little scared, but we need you to lead us to where you live. Can you do that?" Genova asked Renae in a gentle voice. She nodded nervously. 

 "Altan, I want you to stay here with Blake till we get back." Robin said. 

 Altan nodded. 'Please watch over Renae!'

 "I will guard her with my life, son." Cayden reassured him. Altan nodded and they all left. I stayed behind with Blake, Altan, Shane, and Lia. Well, I think Shane stayed behind. I wasn't sure where he was at the moment. 

Quinn's POV:

We finally arrived at Renae's house. It appeared abandoned. Robin knocked on the door. Malia and Genova were ready to cast spells if needed. The door opened slowly. 

 "Alpha, Luna! What a pleasant surprise. What brings you here?" the man who'd answered the door asked. 

 "Her. I believe she is your niece, Renae Brilynn?" 

 The man's smile faded to a look of fear. "L-let me just get my wife.." the man stated. "Of course, go ahead. We'll wait. But don't be long." Robin nodded. With that, he closed the door. My dad looked like he was getting in fighting position. Like he was going to ram open the door.

 "Dad, what are you doing?" I asked. 

 "He's going to run, Quinn. I've seen this a hundred times." 

 "If that's true...Oh man! We just made a big mistake..." Robin wailed. 

 "Calm down, Robin. Your new to this. Everyone makes mistakes his first time round." Uncle Zack told him. 

 "It's true. I can't tell you how many I made......" Uncle Cayden trailed off. He may have been trying to block out a memory. 

 "Cayden, you may have made some big mistakes, but you are the best Gamma I could have ever hoped for." my dad smiled. Uncle Cayden smiled at him. 

 "Open up! It's been long enough!" Robin declared. We heard sounds coming from the back. 

 "Uncle Micah, Uncle Herold, Aunt Malia, can you go to the back please?" I asked. They nodded and hurried quietly to the back. "Dad, Uncle Zack, Uncle Cayden, can you stay here and keep watch?" 

 "Where are you going?" Dad asked. 

 "Robin and I are going to check inside the house. Renae, I want you to stay behind those trees over there. Stay hidden. Until one of us calls you, don't move." 

 "Yes, Luna Quinn.." the girl was afraid I could tell. She quickly ran behind some trees and bushes and hid. 

 "Miss Genova, will you come with us?" Robin asked. 

 "Of course, Robin." 

 With that, we carefully opened the door and crept inside. We were full of caution. We could hear grunts and fighting from the back. 

 "They must be putting up a fight." Robin mused. 

 We went from room to room. When we got to the last room, we saw a boy lying in the bed. He was younger than Renae. Possibly nine. He looked up at us, his eyes wide. 

 "Luna? Alpha? What's going on?" he asked. 

 "We're here because of Renae." Robin said softly, sitting down on the bed. The boy sat up and backed away from him. 

 "My cousin?? I'm sorry I hurt her! Please don't hurt me!" My eyes went wide. Ok, these people let a little boy hurt his cousin?? These people are nuts. 

 "We aren't going to hurt you. But your mom and dad will have to be punished. Do you understand, kiddo?" I asked him. 

 He nodded. "What's gonna happen to me?"

 "Well, we haven't thought that far yet..." Good work, Quinn. Your making a great Luna so far. Not. 

 "Quinn, it takes practice. And your doing really well!" my wolf reprimanded me. 

 "Thanks, Rin. I just hope your right." Rin, my wolf, rolled her eyes. 

 "We'll take you back to the pack house and decide from there. But you don't have to worry, ok, bud?" Robin smiled at the boy. 

 "Ok.."

Unknown POV:

I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I remember them. I've been watching them for years from a distance. I've heard what happened to Cayden. My heart broke when I heard he was in the hospital all those years ago...I was really happy when I heard he was going to be ok. I heard about the adoption of Altan. Who am I? I don't know if I should tell you. I am Cayden's brother. Casper. I know you probably hate me for what I did all those years before to Cayden. I realized too late how wrong I had been.