Nineteen - Blood Brothers

Damon had returned later that night explaining to the pair that he had helped Elena capture Stefan and lock him for the time being which made both Erica and Jeremy happy until he said that he had to watch over Stefan when Elena was at school. 

Damon had also told them that Alaric had come to know about what was going on and was willing for Erica to swap into online classes to stay away from Elena, Andrew and Stefan. Damon told Erica and Jeremy how everyone at the event along with Alaric and Jenna were all shocked seeing Elena with Andrew and all happy when he was a criminal. A criminal that had gotten out of jail some how. He also told them how he talked to Liz on how he could have gotten out and even he didn't know.  

Erica agreeded to staying at home as long as she went wherever Damon went which Damon agreed to so she had the switch done by Monday for classes to start. 

Monday morning, Damon headed to the Salvatore house to watch on Stefan with Erica sitting upstairs working for some time before heading downstairs to Damon to see Stefan just sitting there in the room. All though he wasn't looking at her and Damon, she knew that he could hear everything they were going to say or talk about. 

"It's hard to see him locked up like this" Erica says softly 

"I guess," Damon says shrugging "besides you shouldn't have to worry about this, you didn't lock him up. Elena did" 

"You helped" Erica says making Damon chuckle 

"Well, I couldn't have him running around chewing on people while the town was looking for vampires could I" Damon says 

"So it had nothing to do with you actually caring about him," Erica asks 

"No, I don't care less because maybe if he stops walking around like a DOG," he says glaring at Stefan "to Elena and became himself then I would care but I don't. Your thing not mine"

Damon heads upstairs and out of the house for some business as Erica stays with Stefan for some time.

"Stefan" she says sadly knowing he hears everything Damon said. 

"hmmm" he says not looking at her but in reality he had tears knowing that Damon didn't care about him anymore.

"I want my friend back," she says quietly "I want the guy who used to be there for me when I needed him. I want the brother that I had never had back and not the one who's hung over a girl that looks like his Ex knowing she'll probably be the same as the past"

Erica stands up from her spot as Stefan looks up to Erica and right away feels upset. He doesn't want Erica to feel like this especially considering everything. 

"Just know Stefan that if you continue to follow after Elena it will take you to your doom. Doom that may not be replaceable so choose wisely when you make your decisions about Elena," Erica says before heading upstairs and heading home after messaging Damon she was leaving. 

When Erica arrived home, she saw uncle John at her door steps surprising her. 

"Uncle John I didn't see you there" she says making him smile sadly when he saw his daughter pregnant and in front of him.

"I thought we could talk we haven't had a chance to catch up" he says as Erica looks around 

"Oh Um okay why don't we head around back," Erica says as John nods.

He knew that Damon bought the house for his little girl and that the older Salvatore was protecting Erica but putting wards on in the house. Not only that but he had given Erica a ring that belonged to Magnus Bane. A powerful warlock that could keep Erica safe especially from Elena, Stefan, Andrew and him . If Damon cared for his daughter and kept her safe then he didn't care about him and wouldn't try anything to harm Damon even if Damon had killed him. 

He also knew that all though he had a strong relationship with Erica, she didn't trust him completely to be let into the house which John was okay because he would gain that trust back.

When they got to the back of the house, they sat in some chairs before talking. 

" Well what did you want to talk about" Erica asks 

"A few things if you don't mind" he says 

" Not at all ask away" Erica replies

"Okay 1, I heard about what happened with Andrew, why didn't you tell me." He says 

"I was ashamed," she says looking down "it's hard to talk to someone about an issue like this"

"Oh Erica," he says taking her hands as she looked to him "you can always take to me no matter what okay"

Erica nods as John sighs.

"Ok, number 2 why is Andrew back in mystic falls. I thought he had been arrested," John says pissed as Erica shrugs 

"No one knows how he got out but he's  back now and I don't think there's a lot we can do" Erica says softly

"Has he tried talking to you" John asks 

"A few times and he uh he knows about the baby too," Erica says shocking John 

"What," he says 

"Yeah but Damon has been protecting me and the little one. He's the one who bought me this place," Erica says 

"Damon huh," he says sadly "I know you know" he says 

"About," she replies not sure what he ment as he chuckled.

"It's really silly to keep pretending? What do you think your mother would say if she knew you were friends with Vampires" he says surprising Erica as she sighed 

"Happy that at least one was treating me well while the other wasn't following around Elena like a dog," she says as John chuckles and smiles. 

The unknown / known father daughter pair sat and talked to each other for a few more hours before it was time for John to leave and for Erica to head into the house.

Later that evening Damon explained that Stefan had been cured from the bloodlust which made Erica happy only for her not to be when Damon tells her that Stefan was following Elena around much more then before and when he had told Stefan about how Elena was with Andrew, Stefan had called him a liar which made Erica's heart break. How could Stefan call Damon a liar in spite of everything they did for him? Now Erica was worried because she knew she had fully lost her sister and her best friend and she was scared about not her but her baby if anything happened to her. 

This wasn't supposed to be how life went with Stefan here but apparently this is how it is