Thirty - The Sacrifice

The next morning Erica, Derek and Angelina went to the Salvatore house after getting got a message to meet Elena, Damon and Stefan at the Salvatore house. They had to talk about Katherine and the conversation Damon and Stefan with Katherine regarding the moonstone. 

Damon knew the moonstone was at his, Erica's and now Derek's house but he had to pretend he didn't at least for a while so that Elena and Stefan would believe him.

"You don't believe her do you" Elena asks as she's looking at Damon who was beside Derek along with Erica and Angelina 

"No of course not we just want the moonstone" Damon says 

"According to Rose's friend slater there's a way to break the spell" Stefan says 

"No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice, ergo you both live" Damon says 

"How do you destroy it" Erica asks as Stefan looks to her. 

"By releasing it from the moonstone" Stefan says 

"How do you know if it'll work" Elena asks 

" We have a crafty witch on our side" Damon smirks and says 

"You discussed it with Bonnie" Elena says 

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us" Stefan says 

"It's Katherine who had the moonstone she's not gonna give it to you" Elena scoffs and says as Erica and Derek smirk while Damon mentally smirks as they all knew the moonstone was at their home in a cabinet locked under the a tile in the kitchen.

"We're gonna get it from her" Stefan says 

"A well what he means to say is that we will pry it from her cold dead hands if we have too," Damon says before playfully glaring at Erica and Derek "even if someone's gave her a bag full of blood bottles inside

Erica and Derek playfully smile back before heading out and heading home with Angelina to spend the rest of the day with each other. They weren't exactly happy when a few hours later she gets a call from Damon that he was coming to pick all three of them up. 

Why because they had to save Elena from being an idiot and sacrificing herself only her goal wasn't to sacrifice herself. Elena's goal was for Erica and Angelina to get taken.

Derek, Damon, Erica and Angelina entered an abandoned building and went upstairs where they saw Elena there 

"What the hell are you doing here" Damon says as Elena looks up to them and scowls.

Her entire plans ruined now that Damon and Derek were here because they would definitely not let Erica or Angelina go.

"What are you all doing here," Elena asks 

"I'm pretty sure he asked first" Derek says as Elena glares at him before looking at Rose.

"You called them" Elena said "you said you understood."

Rose shook her head knowing that what Elena had told her wasn't exactly true and she needed them all here to stop her. 

"Yeah well she doesn't," Damon says "come on we're leaving"

"No," Elena says 

"Elena we are leaving," Erica says 

"No I am not" Elena says 

" Stop being so stubborn. You don't get to make this decision " Damon says 

"When have i ever made a decision? You and Stefan do that for me so this is my decision" Elena says just as the front door opens and 3 men walk in.

"We're here to meet the doppelgänger and her child" the man says 

"Thank you for coming" Elena says as she grabs Erica's hand thinking that she could just hand her over 

Derek and Damon's eyes widened figuring out what she was doing so Damon grabbed Erica as Derek grabbed Elena's hand off Erica's and snapped in making Elena scream in pain as the men look at the scene surprised. Seeing what was going on made the men realize that it was never Erica or her baby that would come here, it was Elena. The men knew that she needed to be put down. 

The men started to go for Elena when suddenly the man holding the door gets his neck snapped to reveal Elijah standing behind him.

 He sees Erica and a baby who he realized was in her womb not long ago in Damon's arms scared out of their minds as the oldest Salvatore stood protectively with her while Derek threw Elena to the ground before going to Erica and Angelina. Damon passed Erica and Angelina to him before looking to Elijah

"I killed  you, you were dead" Damon says as he stand protectively in front of Erica, Angelina nod Derek 

Elijah smirks seeing this and nods

"Yes many times," he says as he looks to Elena who was on the floor in pain. 

Elijah knew Elena would be off use when Klaus came but for now she needed to stay alive so before Damon could say anything Elijah zooms away. Damon looks to Elena and scoffs. 

"Get a ride home," he says as the trio head out leaving the stupid doppelgänger alone in the apartment wondering on a next plan to get Erica and Angelina out of everyone's lives unaware that as time went on and when Klaus came, the truth of why Erica mattered so much and why she was so powerful was going to come out. 

AN Hint: Erica wasn't just a regular doppelganger like Elena or Katherine however there was a reason why Katherine was so protective of Erica

AN Hint: Erica wasn't just a regular doppelganger like Elena or Katherine however there was a reason why Katherine was so protective of Erica. A reason that Katherine hasn't told her yet. You see Erica is the descendant and the reincarnation of one of the most powerful doppelgängers around who had lost her life on the same night Katherine ran so many years ago. Not only that but on that same night she lost someone she loved greatly who ended up being reincarnated as Derek Romano Lockwood.

Who was Erica's descendant and reincarnation along with Derek's reincarnation? Who were the two other men that were important in Erica's past life? Most important who or what was Erica Gilbert?

Stay tuned to find out....