Twenty Four - Memory Lane

"Thanks for letting me invite Derek and Caroline, Jenna it means a lot to me" Erica says to her aunt

"Well Caroline could use a distraction and I'd like to meet the Lockwood that you feel in love with all ready but why Damon?" Jenna says with a fake pout.

Jenna had organized a barbecue a few days after Erica's date. Erica immediately asked to invite Derek and Caroline for fun which Jenna was fine with that but she did not like why Damon was coming. 

Elena walks into the kitchen making Erica stiffen and look away from her sister. Jenna sees this right away and stands near her niece so that she was still in between the two sisters.

" Because Alaric is a pity taker. Just be nice aunt Jenna" Elena says 

"Hey I am nice when it comes to Damon after everything he's done for Erica but maybe one day just one day can we not have here with us." Jenna says

Just then Derek walks in and sneaks up on Erica making her jump. Elena gets surprised seeing this. Erica turns to see Derek and hugs him as he hugs her before they turn around to Jenna who was smiling and Elena who wasn't watching them but was very jealous from what she just saw.

"Jenna this is Derek. Derek this is my aunt Jenna" Erica says 

"Nice to meet you" Derek says 

"Same here," Jenna says "now why don't you take this pregnant women up to her old room and chat till it's time for food and games."

Derek smiles as he takes Erica's hand as the pair head upstairs and spend some time together before Alaric calls them down to eat.

"Hey you guys coming" Alaric says "food ready to eat"

Damon sees Erica with Derek and it makes him smile a little knowing that Erica was happy. He listens in on Derek and Erica's conversation and gets grossed out when he hears Derek say that he would rather eat Erica but becomes even more grossed out he hears her say the same thing. He shrugged though at himself, at least they both were okay with being with each other. 

All though Damon didn't know yet, he, Derek, and Erica realized Stefan was doing something along with Elena to figure out what Mason and Derek was. Derek was worried that Stefan would end up pissing his 'father' off which wouldn't be good to do. 

After eating everyone plays some games. Erica didn't want to play so she decided to head home earlier with Derek where Erica entered the one room she hadn't visited in the house before. 

The Music Room

"Play me something" Derek asks as the pair sit in the piano chairs

"You play," Katherine says as she sits in the window.

Erica looks to Katherine and smiles as Derek was surprised to see Katherine here.

"A bit not much though," Erica says "don't know why Damon put this room together but it's nice"

Katherine smiles as she looks to a still surprised Derek. She starts to chuckle which makes Erica look to Derek and smile too.

"Your staring Derek," Erica says smirking as Derek gulps.

"Your friends with Katherine Pierce," Derek says "the same Katherine Pierce that's dating my dad," 

Erica raises her eyebrow and looks to Katherine who shrugs.

"What a girls got needs and a werewolf like him meet it," Katherine says which makes Derek and Erica fake gag.

"Eww don't need to know that," Derek says "that's my dad your talking about."

Katherine laughs as Damon walks in shocked with what he just heard. 

"Werwolves and what....." Damon says making Katherine laugh enough more before looking to Damon

"Yes Damon, werewolves are real and yes I'm with Derek's father" Katherine says smiling before looking to Erica "now you were going to play something,"

AN: Imagine Playing Alan Walkers Faded On Piano. Wattpad Isn't Allowing Me To Put The Video Which I Find Very Annoying.

After Erica plays the song Damon, Derek and Katherine clap for her which makes her blush as Derek pulls into his arms. 

"Wow Erica that was beautiful" Derek says as he kisses Erica's cheek

"It really was" Damon says 

"Thanks both of you" Erica says 

"I've got to go see you soon Erica, Damon," Katherine says as Damon nods and Erica waves

"Bye Kat" Erica says as Katherine looks to Derek

"Take care of Erica and the baby okay," Katherine says "I'll take care of your dad"

Derek nods as Katherine leaves Derek, Damon and Erica. Derek heads home some time later leaving Damon and Erica. 

Damon tells Erica that Stefan pissed Mason off and he was aiming for war. Damon also tells Erica that Mason can't be killed since he was Katherine's other and she was really protective off him.

As Erica and Damon were watching a movie, Erica gets a message that shocks her and when she shows Damon it shocks him too. 

Katherine had came in front of Elena shocking Elena seeing how much they looked alike. What surprised Damon and Erica was that Katherine had broke Elena's arm and threatened her that if Elena ever went or tried to kill Erica or her baby again then she would have to deal with Katherine and it wouldn't be pretty.

Damon and Erica were happy they had Katherine on their side but they worried on what was coming next in their lives and what was going to happen when she gets a call from Derek. He tells Damon and her that he told Tyler how to trigger the werewolf curse and he felt scared if something would happen to Tyler.

 Erica told him not to worry and that all was okay. 

Later that evening, Erica and Damon headed to the grill where they heard Stefan and Elena talking about they can't be together but Erica knows that it's because Caroline's there that she was working with Katherine.

 Later that night she heads home and falls asleep thinking about Derek and her baby as tomorrow she enters month number 7 of her pregnancy.