Nightmares

UHHH So I accidentally switched a couple of chapters around, utmost apologies if none of this made sense...

I ran all the way to my house, looking back every three seconds to make sure no one had followed me. I kept telling myself that I had just had a really bad dream. Yeah, that was it- just a dream. Anyone could hallucinate stuff like that, at midnight, in a security post. Totally normal.

And yet... I couldn't shake the feeling...

I looked around my house. I'd just moved in, an it had an odd layout- the bedroom had two doors on either side of the room, with a closet in-between, and my bed was facing it. There was a hole in the ceiling, going up to the attic, right above my bed- I'd promised myself I'd fix that soon. And through the two doors were two hallways, with other rooms branching off of those. I liked my room, aside from the weird two door part. It had blue carpet, and white patterned wallpaper, and my white-and-gray bed fitted in nicely. 

I opened the front door to see a dark, forbiddingly bare-looking living room. I hadn't had time to unpack everything yet, so it was all in boxes around the house. I flicked the light switch and instantly felt a wave of relief cross over me as the warm light flooded the room.

I considered getting food, but when I glanced uneasily at the shadowy kitchen, I decided I wasn't that hungry after all. I ran straight to the bedroom, not stopping to look at the hall windows as they went past. I ran straight to my bedroom and pulled the thick covers up to my chin. It was a long time before I fell asleep, and I left the lights on.

...

I woke up, some time during the night. I wasn't sure why, but I thought I remembered... A noise? I reached over to where my lamp was and flicked the switch. Nothing. I flipped it again, then checked the cord. It was plugged into the wall, the power must've gone out. I stayed in my bed, nervous about the darkness all around me.

Then, I heard a creak.

Just a small sound, like when you step on a floor board. I froze. The air had never seemed so cold until now. I waited, tense, listening. Then, I moved my hand to tug the blanket and it brushed against something soft. I lifted it up towards my face, and I was just able to make it out- a brownish golden, little plush bear, with blue eyes and a black top hat with a matching bowtie. What...? I'd never seen this thing before. It looked familiar. How had it gotten in? And how had it gotten... Onto my bed...

I threw the thing away from me and off the bed in a sudden burst of terror- I knew where I'd seen something like that. At that job last night- one of the animatronics had been a bear. Just like that toy. It must've come from the diner. Maybe I accidentally snagged it on my way out? But I would have noticed a stuffed animal tagging along, wouldn't I? But there wasn't much else of a explanation. 

Huddling up into a ball, I stayed with my back to the head board and my face towards the rest of the room, with the blankets piled up around me. There was no way anything would be able to sneak up to me. At least, I hoped so. Suddenly, I heard another creak, closer. In finding the bear, I'd momentarily forgotten about the creaks. I shivered violently. I shifted against the pillows at my back and felt something hard and uncomfortable against them- I picked it up, and it felt rusted and old. And... Like a flashlight? Sure enough, I found a switch and immediately flipped it on. At first nothing happened, but then I saw it sputter to life in a very dim white glow. I had no idea how the heck it had gotten into my bed, of all places, but I was greatful for any light at all. I shone the beam around the room quickly, fearful the flashlight might drain on me soon and leave me in the dark again. All I saw was my room, but... 

Both of my doors were slightly open.