Breakfast

I slid down a short distance and into his arms. He was surprisingly strong, for rather slim, slender figure. He was holding onto my legs so that I didn't fall, and I had my hands on his shoulders, and was a little taller that him in this position. He let me slide down through his arms so I was standing up on my own, and I stumbled at falling onto the soft, uneven blankets. He put an arm around my back so I didn't fall, and I looked up and realized we were quite close. My heart sped up a bit, and I hopped off the bed and onto the ground as he let go of me. He stepped down beside me, and I was surprised at how tall he was. I hadn't seen him standing while next to him until now, and he was a good eleven inches taller than me. My heart thumped, and I tried to stop it before I started blushing or something stupid. I looked at him, and he looked back at me, smiling. I had the sudden urge to reach up and ruffle his hair. My face felt warm, so I turned away, taking in the room. Everything looked fine. There was no holes in the door where I'd seen the thing rip through, no scratch marks on the walls or anything. It all could've been a dream.

But. There was a cute stranger standing in my bedroom, smiling at me. Not that I minded, but all the same, I shivered at how unreal it all felt.

Suddenly, I felt arms around me from behind, across my shoulders and chest. Nightmarionne rested his chin on my head. 

"It's okay," I heard him say softly. "They're gone." For now, I thought. He was certainly rather bold, considering I'd just met him, but he seemed kind enough. And... Was he flirting with me? Was he just comforting me? I had no experience whatsoever in flirting. I didn't really know how or what it looked like. But this seemed a bit like what I'd seen other couples do with each other. 

I reached up and put my hands over his, and they were shaking a bit. It wasn't supposed to go this fast, was it? Was it even going fast? This could be just his personality, nothing unusual about it. But still...

We stayed like that for a moment, and I got the odd feeling he was smiling, though I couldn't see his face because it was on top of mine. Then he took his arms away an I felt colder, I hadn't noticed it before, but his body temperature was strange- not warm, just kind of cool. 

"So... You usually eat about this time, right?" He asked, walking towards the door that lead out to the hallway. 

"Um, yeah, you mean breakfast?" 

"Oh, yes, that's what you call it. Yes, that." He looked back at me and smiled before going around the corner into the hallway. I followed him, wondering at the fact that I had a guy who seemed interested in me and may be a monster asking about breakfast. I went into the living room, looked around, and remembering him saying something about breakfast, peeked into the kitchen to see him holding a jar of pickles and eyeing it skeptically. He sure walked quickly. I stepped into the room and he noticed instantly, looking up at me while still holding the pickle container. 

"What the heck are these?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and holding them up.

"Those are pickles, it says so on the label," I replied, walking into the kitchen and sitting down on a stool by the island. 

He just blinked at me. "What's a label?"

"Oh, umm, it's the price of paper wrapped around the jar... Wait, can you read?"

He paused. "I don't think so?" He said, putting a question mark at the end of his sentence and studying the jar again. 

"Uh... anyway, I- I can make you breakfast, if you want..." I looked down shyly at the table of the island. "I mean, I'm not very good, but-"

I was interupted by him setting the jar down on the island across from me with a loud clinking noise that startled me into looking up. He was standing across from me, with his hands on the table, leaning against it, and he was smiling at me. He's always smiling at me, actually-

"That'd be great." His voice interrupted my thoughts. He swiped his hair out of his eyes in a smooth motion. "I've never eaten before, but I'm sure whatever you make will taste great."

(Sorry if this is a bit short! Thank you all so much for reading!!! 🖤)