Movie

As I adjusted the blanket over my legs, my back against the wall and my computer on my lap, Mari sat next to me. As soon as I'd settled down, he wiggled himself under the blanket too, making me a little bit flustered at the fact that our legs were touching. I didn't say anything, though, and just pretending my heart wasn't beating a little extra, loaded up (whatever movie you want ig?)

I shared my pair of earphones with him so he could hear too, and started it up. 

He seemed to like it- we whispered in the dark to each other and laughed at the funny parts of the movie. As the movie went on, I felt more relaxed than I had in a while- I felt like I didn't overthink my every action, and even, maybe, felt a little brave. I wiggled a little bit as if I was adjusting myself and moved closer to him so that our shoulders were touching. As I looked over at him through the corner of my eye, I could see him smile. We stayed like that for a while, as the movie reached the (the middle-of the beginning-ish of the movie) scene. Although I was watching the movie, I felt as though my eyes were the only thing paying attention- all I could think about in the back of my mind was the fact that he was sitting so close to me. So close! And he was so pretty, with his silky white hair and his perfectly smooth skin... And he payed attention to only me, just me- it felt like I was finally the main character in one of those books/comics/tv shows, with the perfect, gorgeous guy who I never would've been able to score in real life. Maybe it was too late. Maybe I was just going a little crazy from lack of sleep. But hadn't it always frustrated me, watching/reading those things where they took forever to make a move?

...

I was staring at the screen as if I was just watching the movie, but my stomach was full of butterflies. I shifted again, so my head was at the right height, and summoning up my courage, laid my head on his shoulder. I felt rather than saw his surprise, usually he was the one flirting and doing these sorts of things- but he warmed up to me right away, and put an arm across my back. I felt a blush slowly spread across my cheeks warmly, and I had a lovely cozy feeling. I felt a little sleepy, even... I closed my eyes halfway, not quite sleeping, just resting and enjoying the feeling of his arm around me. This really was a dream come true- no one had ever liked me romantically. Wait... This was romantic, right? ...it had to be! He flirted with me all the time!

...yeah, it was totally romantic and stuff. I could hold his hand right this moment and he wouldn't mind! But I probably wouldn't. Right? A voice in my head mocked me, saying, 'if you say you could just hold his hand, why don't you do it, dummy?' I shook it off. I didn't have to. I had nothing to prove. 

...I opened one eye and peeked out, down at his hand, the other one, which was laying conveniently near mine, across his lap. It was right there. He probably wouldn't mind. 

Thump, thump, thump. Was it me or did my heart rate just speed up? I kept looking at his hand. Did I have enough courage to maybe...?

The answer was no. I was fine the way I was, and I didn't want to rush things. I was rather sleepy right now. I closed my eyes. I felt more at ease than I could ever remember being.  As I drifted off, I had a strange, dream- or was it a dream? I dreamt that I took hold of his hand anyway, and that he smiled at me- and then, it must've been a dream, because after what happened next, I started dreaming about other random things- but I felt him kiss me on the top of my head. 

...

(Dreaming)

I was in a field, and Mari was there- and we had a blanket laying beneath us, and we were looking up at the sky. The blue sky was pretty and the clouds swirled around, making patterns- I looked over at Mari and he was looking at me. He smiled at me, and I smiled back, and then I looked down at our hands, which were entwined together- and I noticed something shining on each of our hands. I opened my mouth slightly, my happiness threatening to overflow. And then, I felt something crawl onto my stomach- something small and soft, and when I looked, I saw a baby, with white, shining hair and (your eye color), and she was the most precious thing I'd ever seen. I picked her up and held her carefully to my chest, and then I felt something and looked up to see Mari, smiling at our child.  And then he leaned towards me, and I felt his breath on my face...

--------------------------

Lol I just wanted something super wholesome

If you don't want kids, then, well, uh... Too bad. 💖 😇