Multiple Confessions

"I lied to you."

I took a moment to take in all he said, and then, with more confusion that anything else, asked; "about what?"

"I..." He looked at the ground. 

"I lied to you when I told you that the monsters would follow you and show up in every house you'll ever have. If you leave this house, you'll probably be just fine."

"But... Why?"

"Because I was afraid you would leave if I told you you could, and you would leave me here, behind..."

Would I? Would I have trusted him if I had a choice to just leave and be free of it all? I wasn't sure. But I could escape them now, and I knew I would as soon as possible. 

"I forgive you." 

He snapped his head back up to stare at me. "You do?"

"Yes. Just... Please don't lie to me again."

A hint of a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. "I promise."

We smiled at each other. Then, suddenly, what he'd said earlier hit me- "wait you like me??" I said, my eyes widening. 

"Yeah, I do." He said, his grin widening.

"I-" I stood there in dumbfounded silence for a second. "Does that mean-?!" I suddenly said, and he laughed. It felt like fireworks were going off inside me, and I thought I might fly straight through the roof. "Ca- can we... Like, do stuff and... Are we dating?" I said, trying to calm myself down, as my questions stumbled over each other.

"If by that you mean engage in a romantic relationship, then yes, I'd love to."

For a moment we just smiled at each other, with equally goofy grins. Then I hugged him tightly, and we ended up falling back down onto the couch. I didn't know what the future held, I didn't know how I was going to afford to get a new house or anything- but right now that didn't matter.

I pulled back a little, so I could see his pretty face again, and we just sort of spaced out, staring into each other's eyes. I reached up and gently touched his face. "Mari, I've always wanted to tell you, u-uhm.. I think you're really pretty."

He laughed. "Thanks. Same to you. And... Mari? When did I get that nickname?" He teased.

I felt my cheeks heat up a little. "Well, Nightmarionne was a handful to say!" 

He just chuckled and booped my nose. "Hey!" I protested, and playfully pushed a hand into his face. I could tell he was smiling, and then my hand felt- "EuGh!" I pulled my hand away from his face and wiped it across his shirt. "Did you just lick me?!"

His eyes glinted mischievously. "Maybe I did." 

I huffed and pushed myself up off him and getting up. "Well, for that, you get to help me make dinner!"

"I look forward to it," he said, smiling as he followed me into the kitchen.

(Sorry if this is a bit short. Merry Christmas! If you guys have any ideas for things they should do, I'm open to most ideas, just nothing 18+ or NSFW and all that. Though don't expect me to make them right away, hehe... Yeah I'm kinda lazy about updating.)