Choice

I woke up, suddenly, in the night. 

I didn't know what had woken me up, but I knew something had. 

Something felt wrong. 

It was windy outside, and the treese waved back and forth, this branches knocking against the roof of the van. Mari was gone- he neither beside me or somewhere else in the van.

I got up, uncertainty. The wind howled eerily in the night, and when I stepped outside, I couldn't see anything. I clicked on my flashlight and stepped outside. 

"Mari?"

There was no answer but the distant rumbling of thunder.  I pulled on my coat and started walking around, hoping he was nearby. I couldn't help but feel that something was very wrong. Then, I smelled smoke, and fire. I turned around, uncertain. It could be a campfire. It could just be someone cooking something. But In the middle of the night? The reports of the arsonists trailed through my mind. 

I ran along the path through the woods, to the place where I could see the town from the top of the hill. I could hear sirens, and as I looked over the hill, I saw a huge, raging fire, from the very house I had had all those nightmares in. It burned bright against the sky, and I stood, frozen to the spot as though hypnotized. The sirens grew louder, and a firetruck swung into the driveway of the house.

Wait... 

Mari.

I bolted. I ran back along the path to the van. I didn't know what was going on. But I needed to know where Mari was, and I needed to know now.

My feet led my to the clearing where the van was parked, an I froze. A figure stood there, and through the light of the moon that had suddenly come through the clouds, I could see that it's arms were covered in blood.

I stood stock still, my heart pounding so loud it seemed to drown out all other noise. 

The figure turned and looked at me. 

White hair, silver eyes. 

He didn't say anything. We stared at each other. Somehow, seeing his face without a smile on it was unnerving. The sparkle that was usually in his eyes was gone.

"M-Mari," I finally choked out. "Where have you...?"

He didn't say anything, still. After a moment, he took a step towards me. I flinched and stepped back, and he stopped.

"I was making sure you were safe."

I stared at him.

"Who's blood is that?"

He just looked at me and didn't answer.

I didn't know what to think.

My head was pounding. My eyes blurred, and I stumbled back.

Although I couldn't see properly, I felt his arms around me.

"Shhh..."

I closed my eyes.

"...I wish I never knew."

He became still.

"I can make you forget."

"What...?" I said, a chill creeping down my spine. 

"I can make you forget you ever found out about this."

I looked up at him in disbelief.

And then, I made a choice that would change my life forever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M BACK BABYYYY

A lotta time consuming but good personal stuff in my life came up, buttt

Here, Mari simps! I feed you! 💕

Anyway, what would you do in this position? 🤔