Park

(@ImmaWriterAndReader drew the picture above and I loved it so I put it in 😄🖤)

"you've... never eaten before?" 

"Nope." He was slowly eating the toast I'd made him, looking thoughtfully at it before taking a drink of orange juice. 

"Um, what..." He looked up at me and I swallowed and started again. "What are you?"

"I was created by a child's nightmares. I don't really know what else to tell you." He made a face at the orange juice.   There was a pause while he finished his toast and I ate my own, trying to imagine how someone could be created by nightmares. He got up from the table and put his dishes into the sink and started rinsing them off. 

"You don't have to do that- wait, how do you know how to do that I've you've never eaten before?" I asked, my questions overlapping as I struggled to figure out this dude.

He just smiled. "One, but I want to, and two, I've watched you do it."

I almost choked on my toast, and Nightmarionne looked over at me in concern. "You've been... Watching me??" I said once I'd regained my voice.

"Yes, I watched you on your first day here, when you first moved in," he said, seeming amused at my reaction.

"Please- please don't... watch me like that again without me knowing..." I said, gripping my cup nervously. 

"Okay," he said, smiling warmly at me as he dried off his hands on a towel. "So- what do friends do?"

"Well, ummm, they... Hang out, talk, and go places...?" I racked my brain, trying to think of things I'd done or seen people do with other people.

"Ok! I wanna go go somewhere then," he said, and for once, his mysterious, secretive, outer personality shifted a little, and he seemed excited in a childlike way. I raised an eyebrow at him, a smile playing at the corners of my mouth. 

"I wanna go places! I wanna see what it's like outside..." He said excitedly, his face lighting up. I couldn't help smiling. He noticed, and asked, "What?"

"Nothing. Where do you wanna go?"

      ...

He looked like a regular person, aside from his eyes, so I gave him some sunglasses that would make it hard to see his eyes. He agreed willingly enough, still hyped up to see the outside world. I also offered him a set of regular, non- black clothes which he more reluctantly accepted; a pair of jeans and a gray T-shirt that had black-striped sleeves, and told him I would get him his own clothes later. 

When I'd asked him where he wanted to go, he'd just said, 'anywhere,' so I decided to take him to a park I'd seen downtown. It was not that far away, within walking distance, so we didn't use the car. 

He was grinning in excitement as I went to open the front door, and I couldn't hold back my own smile, as his was so contagious. I opened the door with a whoosh, and Nightmarionne blinked at the sudden light- then he stared at the walkway to the street just outside the door. He'd explained to me earlier that he'd only seen what was outside the windows- he'd never actually set foot outside. He took a step towards the door, then another, and then slowly stepped outside. I walked outside with him and shut and locked the door behind me. I couldn't really read his expression as he was wearing the sunglasses, but he turned to me and smiled again.

"C'mon, let's go," I said, walking down towards the road. After a second, I heard him run over to me, and then he came up and walked beside me. He kept turning his head, looking around and around, as though trying to see everything at once. He seemed so intent on looking at everything, we didn't talk much on the way to the park.

Soon enough, we were there; it was a wide, green field-like park, with a concrete path around it. Suddenly, Nightmarionne took off running. He ran like he'd never run before, and when he came back up to me, he wasn't even panting. I raised both my eyebrows at him, and he smiled like he always did. "I'm gonna use the bathroom over there, okay?" I said, motioning towards the public restroom over to the side of the park. 

"Okay," he replied, spying a playground structure and looking at it curiously.

...

I came out of the restroom, wiping my hands on my pants as I did so. Suddenly I heard a gruff voice say from behind me; "hey, pretty miss, where do you think you're going?"

(Sorry if this chapter is boring or smth, I'm making this story up as I go pretty much)

(Also WHA it said it had two views like the second I posted it 🤨 some suspicious activity is going on here)