Chapter 16

I sink myself into the ice bath. Clenching my jaw at the freezing cold water.

I can't believe some people think cheer isn't a sport, I'm dying. I usually don't use the Ice bath because I hate it. But today we had to incorporate tumbling into our routine that we will use for the competition, it isn't for a couple of months but we still have to practice. Our routine for the competition is different from what we do at games.

I have to do a round off backhand spring layout right after holding Sadia up. Then I had to do it multiple times to get it right. After that I have to do a few other combination tumbles in sync with Sadia, Rani, and another girl. It was harder because I haven't tumbled in awhile.

Over the summer all of us are supposed to take tumbling classes. Me and Rani didn't do that, only because she convinced me that it was a waste of time.

Sadia submerges herself in the tub beside me. I hear her mumble a "Fuck me." I start to make a joke but stop myself because there are people around.

"You never take an Ice bath after practice." She says, surprising me a bit since there are other girls waiting their turn and she never talks to me at school around people.

"I've never been in this much pain after practice, you aren't as light as you look." I joke although it's true, when is comes to one arm she is heavy.

She looks away in mock thought. "I remember you telling me that I'm as light as a feather."

"You are when I use two arms."

She smiles.

Rani comes in. "I was wondering where you went. You never take ice baths." She sits on the edge of the tub I'm in.

"I'm not usually in pain after practice." I repeat.

She hums.

I stay in for five minutes before taking a shower. I leave and go to Sadia's house. Last night I told her I'd come over after school.

I type in the code and find the second door already unlocked for me. I walk in and go upstairs to her room.

"Hey." I say when I enter. She's on her bed eyes on her phone.

She looks up at me and smiles. "Hey."

I lay down beside her and watch her. "You talked to me at school." I mention.

She raises a brow. "We talk at school a lot."

"Yeah but you know what I mean, around other people."

"Oh." She shrugs. "I'm sick of the people at that school. Don't care what they think anymore." She looks back at her phone. I raise a brow as I stare at her, that's different.

After her apology last night we didn't talk about that night anymore. I know she said we should forget about it but I don't understand why if she doesn't regret it.

"Why do you want to pretend we didn't have sex if you don't think it was a mistake?" I ask.

She places her phone down before looking at me. "I already said because we're friends and I don't want it to change anything."

"We don't have to pretend like it didn't happen to remain friends. There are friends who literally have sex all the time but remain friends."

She raises a brow. "That's not us though."

"It could be." I wiggle my brows with a smirk dropping my seriousness.

She tries to keep a straight face but ends up giggling. "You're so stupid."

I giggle with her. "But seriously we don't have to pretend. It's weirder to pretend it didn't happen."

She sighs. "Fine let's not pretend but it really can't change anything.