Chapter 21

We sit on the floor of the school gym as we wait for the competition winners to be announced.

The man finally steps in the center, with a paper in his hand. "The school with the highest score is Wilchester Academy!"

We all jump up and cheer before sitting back down.

I honestly knew we would win after seeing how all the other teams performed today and yesterday, every team did something wrong. Whether it be one of their flyers being unstable, or some of the girls not properly landing their tumbling pass. That's usually how it goes for the first local competition. The local rival schools suck.

Our high school varsity cheer team is a lot like a college cheer team because we do both sideline and competition cheer but we are more focused on competition.

Once we're allowed to leave with Rani and Sadia by my side I find my family with Owen and Hector, Rani's dads.

Andra runs over to us and hugs Sadia. I don't exist. "When are you coming over to play?"

"I'm not sure, but soon." She glances to me.

Andra looks satisfied with that answer.

Mom sets down Alora as we approach. She immediately runs over, her small ponytail on top of her head. "Sadia!"

She holds her arms up and Sadia picks her up. "I saws you do big flips and you fly!" She grins.

Sadia giggles. "Did I?"

Alora nods and points up. "You were ups high."

"You girls did amazing." Mom says once we're up close.

"Thanks."

"It looked like you had the hardest tumbling passes." She points out.

I'm glad someone noticed. She understands since she was once a cheerleader.

"I did." I smile.

I glance to Rani talking to her dad's. I take the chance to introduce Sadia to them. We talk with everyone a bit before telling them bye and leaving to my car.

As I'm walking back with Sadia I take in her in our cheer uniform, her hair in a ponytail with few free hairs, the red and white bow clipped at the base of it just like mine. My eyes lower to how the uniform hugs her frame snuggly, bringing out the curve in her hips.

"What?" She asks.

I smile and look to her eyes with a shrug. "My eyes tend to gravitate to pretty things."

She smiles and looks away a hint of pink on her cheek. Her first time blushing for me. I poke her cheek deciding to tease her. "You look a little red there, hermosa."

She smacks me and I wince because it hurt since I'm a little sweaty. "Shut up. It's because I'm hot."

"But you're always hot." I grin earning a smile from her yet she still mutters an, "Ahmagh."

"Have your parents ever seen you cheer?" I ask since she was basically the only girl without anyone there for just her.

She snorts humorlessly. "No. They'd have a heart attack if they saw me dressed like this. It's the opposite of modest." She motions to the skirt.

I look her over, eyes lingering on her smooth legs that the red and white skirt leaves on display.

"Looks modest to me." I smirk.

She giggles. "Of course you'd say that, perv."

We get to my car and I drive us to her house where we both immediately go to take a shower.