Chapter 43

The bell rangs and I quickly leave the classroom to make my way to Sadia. I pass Emma on my way at her locker but I barely give her a glance.

I big ass smiles make It's way on my face when I see my beautiful wife. Her hair curled at the ends today.

There's two more weeks until her birthday now. I still have yet to get her gifts but I already have planned out what I'm getting her.

"Hi." I greet her with a kiss that she happily returns.

"Hi, I got you something. I was gonna wait until you came over but I can't." She pulls me to the side of the hallway beside the lockers and takes off her bookbag and sets it down before pulling out a small box.

My eyes widen and I nod before she can do anything else. "Yes. I'll marry you."

She giggles and shakes her head. "It's not that, not yet, it's just a gift."

My gaze softens as I take it. "You're already getting me birthday gifts, your birthday is closer than mine."

"It's not a birthday gift it's just a gift, open it." She motions with her hands.

I open the box, revealing a rose gold necklace with a bar that reads a date in roman numerals. "This is when we made things official?"

She nods, blue eyes twinkling with anticipation. "I would have loved to get you one with my name but this will have to do for now."

I smile and kiss her. "I love it, put it on for me?"

She takes it from me and I turn around letting her clip it around my neck.

"Are you coming over?" She asks, her eyes hopeful. I was over yesterday but she just can't get enough of me clearly. I'm the same with her though.

We don't have practice today. I love it but It gets repetitive. Yet I did tell Rani we'd hang today.

"I promised Rani I'd hang out with her I've kinda replaced her with you." I explain.

She tilts her head in understanding. "True, have fun and call me tonight. I love you." I'm given a peck on the lips.

"Don't I always. I love you too." We go our separate ways.

I hang out with Rani for a few hours and by hangout I mean smoke in her backyard before I go home. I want to make it for dinner, the food just isn't the same when you have to microwave it.

When I get home I walk inside expecting to smell dinner but I'm surprised to see no one in the kitchen. I find my sisters in the living room. Aya is on her phone while the other two are watching some cartoon.

"Where are moms?" I Aya.

She doesn't look up from her phone. "Arguing in the bedroom."

"About what?" I question.

She finally looks up. "I don't know but I swear I hear mom say something about cheating. There's no way one of them would cheat though, so."

"Right." There's no way in a million years they would do something like that. I pray.

But if I'm honest they've argued about cheating before, with their status people lie about them alot and come up with some convincing evidence.

I sigh and make my way upstairs. They rarely argue, of course I have to find out what it's about. So I quickly drop my stuff off in my room and sneak down the hall to their door, lightly placing my ear to the door.

"Aurora I didn't cheat on you, why won't you believe me." I make out Mamá's tired voice can be heard through the door.

I guess Aya was right.