Chapter 31

"Hey girls." Mom and Mamá greets the three of us from the living room couch. We all say a "Hey" back.

"Sadia!" Alora slides off Mamá's lap and runs to Sadia, like she always does. It's the same thing every time.

"Hey." Sadia grins and picks her up.

"I like your bows." Sadia tells her.

Her hair is in two small pony tails on the top of her head, a pink bow clipped to each.

Alora's face lights up and she puts her hand up to touch them. "I pick thems." She says proudly and it's honestly kinda cute.

I look to moms. "I have news." I sit beside Mamá and Sadia sits beside me with Alora on her lap. Aya goes past us and upstairs.

"Coach offered me and Sadia a spot on an level seven All-Star cheer team."

Mamá looks confused while Mom leans forward a little bit with a smile to look past Mamá.

"That's great honey."

"All-Star? Level seven? What does that mean?" Mamá turns to mom and then us with a lost look.

I snort but answer her question. "Its more competitive than high school competition and level seven just means we do stunts and tumbles that a high school team couldn't do. An All-Star team also increases our chance of being recruited by a D3 college cheer team."

Her brows raise in understanding. "Oh, that's good. It was only you and Sadia she asked to join?"

I nod. Aya comes back down and puts herself between Mamá and Mom. "What happened?" She asks.

I roll my eyes not wanting to repeat it. "Ari and Sadia are joining an All-Star cheer team." Mom answers for me.

"Oh, cool." She pulls out her phone obviously not caring.

"So you're both the best on your high school team?" Mamá asks.

I shrug, not wanting to brag. "I guess."

I mean I'm literally just a base. The only thing that separates me from the other girls on our high school team is that I'm stronger than most of them and can do difficult tumbles that they can't. Being able to be a single base isn't as impressive on an All-Star team. A lot of girl's that are bases can do that and on a level seven squad every girl is expected to know almost every stunt and tumble.

I look to Aya. "One of you will have to pick her up."

Mom nods. "That's fine, I'll pick her up."

Aya looks up. "What? I can't go with you anymore." She's only bothered because that means she can't ride with Rani.

"The days that I don't have practice you can."

Mom rolls her eyes. "Does it matter?"

Aya sighs. "I guess not."

Mamá looks at me. "Are you staying tonight?"

"No, but we can stay for dinner." I answer and look at Sadia. "You ok with that?" I ask quietly in case she isn't.

She nods with a smile. "Yeah." Her voice is the same whisper.

Andra comes down and we talk with her, Mom, and Mamá.

We learn that Andra has all A's and a little boyfriend named Leo to Mamá's disapproval. Mamá's news is that she's releasing her own makeup brand soon. She already has her own lingerie line.

Mom stands up. "I'm gonna start cooking."

Mamá follows in standing only for Mom to shove her back down onto the couch. "You're not helping. You just got off work, I swear you don't know how to rest."