Chapter 23

I gently move a sleeping Sadia off of me. I'm not sure when she got on me, I'm guessing while we were sleeping.

I grab my phone to check the time. It's almost nine so I stand and go downstairs. We have to be at Rosa's party by three.

Mom is in the kitchen with a cup of coffee in her hand and Andra on her lap with her phone watching YouTube or something.

She may be eight but mom still babies her. Mom will treat us like babies for as long as we let her.

"Hey Ari." Andra smiles when I stop in front of them.

"Buenos días." I reply before looking to mom.

"Is Mamá still asleep?"

"Yeah. Jules and Silvia already left a few hours ago to help Jimena and the others get ready."

I hum before asking the most important question. "What's for breakfast?"

"We'll all go out to eat breakfast when everyone wakes up." Mom smiles before taking a sip of her coffee.

I suck my teeth and sit beside her. "That's gonna take forever. I should go back to sleep." I lean my head on her shoulder and close my eyes.

"If everyone's not up by ten we'll wake them. You can't wait an hour?" She asks amused.

"No." I keep my eyes closed.

She kisses the top of my head. "Go back to bed then, love. You're so much like Kya." Her tone holds amusement.

I stand and head to the room. Once I'm back I carefully climb into bed, not wanting to wake Sadia. I gently lay my head on her chest but just as I'm closing my eyes she speaks.

"What are you doing?" Her voice comes out quiet and sleepily.

I don't look up and keep my eyes closed."Sleeping." My right hand rests on her bare stomach.

"Where did you go?" I guess she was already awake.

"I was hoping for breakfast but mom said we're going out for it at ten." I basically whine at the last part.

She giggles now more awake. "What time is it?"

"Nine." I hike my right leg over her waist.

"That's not that long, get up." She tries to push me but I let my arms wrap around her.

"Can we just stay like this for a bit?" I ask quietly.

"Sure." I make out the sound of her smile.

****

After we all ate at a nearby cafe we came back to the beach house to get dressed for the quince. I'm wearing a black thigh length dress with heels. Of course I had to tuck, something I'm not loving because I forgot that it's a little uncomfortable. I decided to leave my hair down in It's natural wavy state.

Sadia wore a royal blue thigh length dress with a matching necklace and earrings. Her hair is straightened, something she rarely does. She looks beautiful and as I drove us to the reception hall I had a hard time keeping my eyes on the road.

Once we arrive at the reception hall, which looks like a big mansion with a parking lot full of cars we find my moms and everyone outside the entrance.

I glance to Sadia. She always seems to glow.

"You look really beautiful." I whisper as we walk towards them. I've already said it a few times but she said it to me first today and I wanted to say it first.

"You've said that already." She smiles anyway.

"I like to remind you, hermosa."

She hums.