𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

Two days later

Two days later

Aurora and her father were headed to this year's annual charity ball. Her father had brought a date as he did to every event, even if he hadn't known the woman for long. Aurora however refused to attend if he required for her to bring a plus one.

So like always she showed up fashionably late, looking ravishing as ever, with only herself as an entourage.

She bathed in the attention she received from both men and women, it made her feel confident, even if she was still a naive coy little girl at heart.
It made her feel like she didn't need anyone but herself to survive.

She walked aimlessly through the ballroom champagne in hand, she paid no mind to those around her and instead at the art decoratively hung upon the walls.

Aurora was once a painter, and a poet, a journalist, a photographer, a musician. Aurora made sure that she was able to make the most out of her life, and because of the opportunity, she was given by her father, she was able to do it all.

Still, she stayed to the simple thing, things most people would find pointless she found beauty in. Things such as art, literature, and music.

As a young girl her mother always told her she had the most creative mind for someone so young, and to make sure that she put it to use and strive to do bigger things.

Almost every time she would change professions or try something new, she remembered her mother's words. It didn't matter if people thought that an English or Practical Arts major would get her nowhere, she enjoyed the fact that she was able to find the beauty hidden in simplicity.

She soon became distracted, she listened in on a conversation behind her she had no right to partake in. Yet, at the mention of a familiar name she couldn't help herself.

"I have to say Mr. Andreyev it amazes me that after all these years you still haven't found a woman to settle down with."

The question should be deemed inappropriate but Aurora didn't know the circumstance. She could only hear the seduction laced in the statement, she could tell that the woman who spoke to him sounded almost desperate.

Aurora felt disgusted and uncomfortable, even though she wasn't even part of the conversation. She wanted to make herself feel known. So she did the first thing she thought of. She called out to him.

"Deucalion."

He felt his knees weaken and he completely forgot about the conversation happening in front of him.