𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Aurora woke up to the smell of breakfast flowing throughout the house and into her bedroom

Her sleepless night was full of wandering dreams and restless hours. Once she had lifted the cozy duvet off her body it was immediately attacked by cold air waking her up instantly, she had slept in until about 9 o'clock before she snuck out of her room and made her way into the kitchen.

When she entered the kitchen she was expecting Mrs. Dott to be cooking breakfast but was surprised when she saw her father and an unknown woman wandering around in the kitchen.

Aurora was shocked to see her father acting like this, the women that were normally clawing onto his arms were only there for short amounts of time and never for his company only for what was in his pockets.

Aurora admired the two, she felt happy for her father. Ever since her mother, she never really saw her father get out much after. But standing at the kitchen doorway staring at the woman and her father laughing and conversing, with smiles on their faces warmed Aurora.

The doorbell went off and she thought it would be best to let the new couple enjoy a few more moments with each other, making her way through the house and to the front door.

She opened it and stood in surprise at the person on the other side, she watched as his eyes made their way up and down her body. She became conscious of her attire and in an effort to conceal herself, hid further behind the door.

The man standing on the other side was extremely intimidating. He looked to be in his early thirties. His blonde hair was short but even still she could see the color slightly fading, his skin was tan but the dark spots, and sun wrinkles took away from his youthfulness.

"Well well well, look what we have here. Sweetheart, you don't mind running along and getting your dear old pops for me do you?" As much as Aurora hated getting told what to do she knew this would be a good chance to get a good distance away from this man.

She called for her father and once he appeared, she took a step back from the door letting it swing open just a bit.

"Luca, Luca it's so good to see you." The man said.

Aurora watched as her father's face changed, he was shocked and looked almost a little angry to see this man on their doorstep.

"What are you doing here Joey?" Luca asked bluntly.

"What you're not going to invite me in? Come on, I thought we could talk and catch up a bit."

Aurora's father didn't say another word and opened the door all the way. The man 'Joey' walked in.

"What a lovely home you have." Once he was far enough away from them, Luca grabbed his daughter by her upper arm.

"Go into the kitchen and phone Deucalion. His number is written on a notepad on the counter." Aurora could tell that whoever this man was, her father was no longer able to act normally around him, this was business and she needed to do as he said.