𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

When the two arrived at Deucalions place of residence, Aurora noticed how plain and unsuiting it was to his personality

She took note of the empty walls and colorless decor. The living room couch looked uncomfortable and the kitchen looked unused.

Not only was the place lacking personality, but it looked lonely.

"You live here?" She asked him, turning around as he placed her suitcase down beside him.

"I do." He told her, she only hummed and began looking around. The place seemed considerably small, but she liked it, besides how cold it was.

"You do not like it?" He asked, even though it was more of a statement.

"It's..." Aurora thought for a moment looking around for the right word to use, without offending the man's home.

"Bare." She said honestly, he looked around himself.

"I suppose it is, but I just moved in." She nodded and continued into the home.

"Where were you staying before?" She asked.

"I owned a house." He said matter-of-factly.

"What made you move?"

"There was a recent incident on the estate. It was no longer safe to stay there." She turned quickly to look at him, studying his face before looking down.

"I see." She felt bad, for what had happened, for what she had done.

"My, my, you sure do as a lot of questions, зайка. Curious little one aren't you?" He said lifting her head to look at him, she smiled but it didn't reach her eyes.

"I can't help it." She whined.

"I know зайка." He leaned forwards and kissed the crown of her head.

She slipped her hands under his coat wrapping her arms around him. His hands caressed her arms, up her shoulders, and down her back, trying to provide her with comfort.

They stayed like this for a moment, relaxed in each other's embrace. That was untill the sound of his phone ringing broke the short amount of intimate time they had.

Deucalion sighed fishing his phone out from his pocket.

"Алло." He answered, still holding Aurora to him with one arm, while stroking her hair down her back.

He smiled down at her, she looked so small and childlike, as she buried her head deeper into his sternum.

"У нас проблема."

"Почини это."

Deucalion prayed to be over with work for the day, but he was never lucky enough. Especially during times like these.