𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

Aurora had been at the house for the past few hours, it was only her and her father but she knew that soon people would begin to show up to discuss what was to happen next

The soft knock on her door brought her out of her daydream.

She was brushing her freshly washed hair, which was still slightly damp, as the first thing she did when she arrived home was shower and then soak in the bath for a long while in order to clear her head and relax.

She turned around in her vanity chair as her father carefully opened the door.

"Rory? Mia figlia, it's time to come downstairs." He said before leaving her to come down on her own.

When she entered the living room she noticed the large gathering of men not only sitting but also those who were busy running around the house.

"Sit Rory, we need to talk." Her father motioned to the couch across from him. She sat, pulling her legs under her and wrapping her arms around a pillow for comfort.

The front door slammed open and closed as Marcus stormed into the house and not long after, Deucalion, who was following closely behind him.

Marcus paced the room typing away on his phone, and as for Deucalion. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her, watching as she shifted uncomfortably in her spot on the couch.

He greeted her father shortly and slowly approached her, taking a seat on the farther side of the couch.

She looked over at him desperately and made eye contact, she wanted him to hold her. She wanted comfort. She wanted him. But not now, not as they sat in her living room. Not as they sat in front of her father.

Marcus stuffed his phone into his pocket running a hand threw his hair.

"Aright, they searched the grounds and didn't find anything but the bodies."

Aurora cringed and looked down, she felt that feeling again.

"Thank you Marcus, anything else?" Her father asked. Aurora felt her hair that was lazily laying on her shoulder being brushed back as his hand stroked the side of her head.

Deucalion had scooted closer and made an effort to comfort her. If anyone other than them saw it, it would simply look like an act of comfort between close friends, not compassion from a lover. Marcus interrupted them.

"Aurora is there anything you might be able to tell us. Did you overhear a conversation? Or anything that might help?" She shook her head.

"I didn't, I'm sorry."

He sighed frustrated.

"Nothing at all? You must have heard something." He egged.

"I wasn't able to, they had me in a room with only one man." She explained.

"It's alright Rory. We didn't expect you to." Her father consoled her. Marcus became angry.

"Great, not only did you not get any information that would help us. You had to kill the only men who we could get some out of." Aurora's head snapped up to look at him quickly.

"Marcus." Her father warned.

"No, if she would have listened in the first place, we wouldn't be in this mess."

Deucalion stood up.

"Okay, that's enough." He scolded.

"It's not my fault!" Aurora defended standing up beside him.

What did he think? That she wanted to get kidnapped. That, that was her plan all along. That she put herself at risk just for the thrill of it.

"No? Then who's was it then. We gave you specific instructions. Stay home, stay safe. And you decided to run off and go get drunk. If you didn't act like a spoiled little brat and listened for one second we could have dealt with this an easier way. Instead of having to clean up your mess."

Deucalion snapped, swinging fast and hard, connecting his fist with Marcus's jaw. There was no way in hell he was going to sit back and listen to the poor excuse of a man insulting his woman and not do a thing to defend her.

Marcus stumbled back catching himself on the armchair and looked at Deucalion in anger.

"Get out." He barked at him, nodding his head towards the door.

Deucalion didn't know what he'd do if Marcus continued on the path he was going, but he sure as shit wouldn't put up with it like her father was.

He looked back at Aurora to see her trembling, the tears that fell down her cheeks were fat.

She couldn't help it, he sounded just like him. The way he spoke and blamed it all on her, he was just like him.

She stormed off before anyone could say a word.

"Rory!" her father called after her, but Deucalion stopped him. Following her after insisting to let him go instead.

don't forget to vote!