𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Following after her Deucalion entered the room

Following after her Deucalion entered the room. She stood facing away from him.

No matter how badly Aurora wanted to confide in him, she was afraid. Afraid that if she looked at him she wouldn't be able to. So, she stayed with her back to him.

Deucalion watched her in the reflection of the vanity mirror. He was nervous, scared she'd tell him to get out and leave her alone.

He wasn't very good at it, but he wanted to comfort her. He wanted to be there when she needed him. Her voice broke the silence.

"Did you know I had a brother?" Deucalion was vaguely familiar with the story of her family. All he knew was that the boy had disappeared giving up his place as the under-boss.

"Yes, I was aware."

"So you know? What happened." She turned to look at him, with a tear-stricken face. His chest tightened at the sight. He shook his head.

"I've only heard rumors."

She sighed taking a seat on her bed.

"Well, the truth isn't much different."

Approaching her slowly and taking a seat next to her, Deucalion waited for her to continue.

"We were close when we were kids. Even though he was two years older." She smiled at the memory of the innocent children she once knew very well.

"You know, closer than most siblings were. My father, he installed in him that we were all each other had, and in me that we would be there for each other, to protect."

Deucalion tucked her hair out of her face, getting a better view of her. Yet, also a silent way of telling her he was listening.

"When my mother died, it changed something in him. It changed something in all of us. But for him, for him it was different. It brought out all the cruel and hurtful things inside him." She cringed at the nervous feeling that erupted in her stomach.

"I had just turned nineteen when I started to notice it. As we all started to come back together, he just seemed to fall apart more and more. I understood that not everyone takes the same amount of time to heal. But he wasn't healing anymore, he just became self-destructive." She let a few more tears leak down her cheeks.

Deucalion reached his free hand up, wiping them away. She took a deep breath and started again.

"He started drinking, I'd found him passed out drunk in the kitchen and living room more times than I could count. And my father was never there to see it, he was always busy, distracting himself with work. So it was always up to me. I was always the one to drag him back home, into bed, and then clean up whatever he had left behind. And after a while, I became so tired of it."

Aurora was overcome by emotions, and with shaking hands, she started wiping her tears, this time by herself as they fell faster the harder she cried. Deucalion rested her head on his shoulder, pulling her closer and slightly into his lap.