𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔

When Luca returned home, the house seemed to be asleep

When Luca returned home, the house seemed to be asleep. He hoped he'd be able to slip in and up to his bedroom for a good night's rest without any more conflict.

It was nearly 1 o'clock in the morning and the older man found himself incredibly exhausted. He climbed the stairs slowly and let out a brief sigh once he had reached the top.

The next two days were going to be tough. He knew that. He knew they were going to be full of sadness and heartbreak. He knew lives were going to be lost.

People were going to be betrayed. He had been through many things like this. Except this time it felt different, and he knew exactly why.

Luca had lived a long life and he had lost almost everyone he'd ever loved. His wife, his son.

Luca had never had a great relationship with his father after his mother's passing and regretted it immensely when he'd completely lost touch.

Once the man had died Luca was able to somehow find it in himself to forgive himself, but it didn't change the way he felt.

No matter how much money he made, or how many people liked him. He still felt hollow, empty, and alone.

He'd put all his time and patience into protecting and providing for his family. Yet, as he stood at the top of the staircase, in the mansion he'd bought, the one he and Aurora's mother had planned their future in.

All the holiday parties, charity events, and family gatherings. All the memories they had wanted to create together seemed so far out of reach.

Luca got that ache in his shoulders, the one that only presented itself when something bad was happening.

He began making his way towards his bedroom, only to stop at the sight of his office light shining into the dark and empty hallway.

He opened the door wider, slipping inside. The sight before him caused his shoulders to ache even more, that sinking feeling of guilt swimming around in his stomach.

His office was a mess, with papers and files everywhere. Aurora sat frozen in the center of it.

Her hair was messily thrown into a bun, and her clothes from this morning looked wrinkled and slipped slightly off her shoulder, yet she never made a move to fix it. She simply stared at the papers in front of her.

"Rory?" The sound of her father's voice brought her back to reality.

"What have you done Aurora?" Luca spoke, moving farther into the room.

Aurora felt the tears well behind her eyes, and they stung as she blinked them away.

"What have I done?" She asked him, Luca gulped at the sight of her.

She was visibly distressed, she was slightly pale. She looked as if she hadn't eaten today, and to be honest she hadn't.

She'd locked herself in her father's office and allowed herself the freedom to finally understand what was really going on. She learned about everything;