𝟎𝟏

(*sigh*)

"Achille was a good man, and an even better brother. The wounds left by his untimely death took a toll on us all, and they still have yet to heal."

The room was dark, only a single light bulb illuminating the dim space. A woman sat in a chair, looking around with nervous eyes.

There was a person on either side of her, one of which being someone she recognized. The one she recognized was a young man with white hair and eyes the color of embers. There was a long scar across his nose, one she'd heard the origin story of many times before, and he wore his usual gentle and easygoing smile.

He noticed the woman staring and gave her a simple smile, gently turning her head so she could look at the figure who sat across the table in front of her.

"After my brother died, it was your responsibility to take care of your son. Our Family provided everything you needed. Food, clothing, a place to stay. Hell, we could've even gotten the kid into Eden Academy." the person continued, "The money we gave you was meant to support both you and my nephew. Which brings us to the current issue..."

The woman in the chair gulped quietly as the figure seated across from her leaned forward so that the light shone across her face.

E/c eyes met a pair of grey ones as the face of the lady who had spoken was revealed to the nervous woman so was seated on the other side.

"Y-Y/n, look, I'm sorry! I just couldn't handle the stress, and I-!" the woman began but cut off with a whimper when the e/c eyed woman in front of her lifted a finger to her lips.

"I didn't tell you to speak, Edith." y/n spoke in a soft and calm tone, though there was a commanding edge to her voice, "210k dalc a month. That's how much we gave you so that you could support yourself and Kilian. And what did you do?"
(210k dalc is about 500,000 USD)

Edith sat there trembling, unable to look away as her sister-in-law's e/c eyes practically pierced through her. Achille Leone was a terrifying man, but he was powerful. Him and his Family had great influence in both Ostania and Westalis.

Their ties with the SSS made them practically untouchable, and Achille lived like a King. Edith wanted a taste of that life, and had married the man.

They'd had a kid, Edith lived a life a luxury, but things began to crumble when Achille passed. It was poison that killed him, administered by a close associate of his. After that, his younger sister took his place.

Y/n Leone was just like her older brother.
Cold, unforgiving, and certainly not foolish.
She didn't seem like much, as she kept up a ditzy and cheerful outward appearance on most occasions, but she was ruthless woman.

She weeded out everyone responsible for her brother's death and gave them all long, painful deaths. Their corpses were found by the Secret Police, and there was a short investigation which was quickly cut off and later on dismissed.

Any journalist who attempted to pursue the story went silent shortly after they began, and eventually the situation was simply forgotten.

Y/n and Achille shared cold e/c eyes, h/c hair, s/c skin, and a little beauty mark by the left eye. They both had steely gazes when they were furious, and they didn't take betrayal lightly. Y/n and Achille looked so much alike, it almost felt as though it were Achille sitting right in front of her instead of his sister.

Either way, that e/c gaze made Edith's blood run cold.

"That's a question which requires an answer, dear."

The sound of y/n's voice startled Edith back into reality, the woman's eyes widening a little bit. The brunette inhaled shakily, "I... I used it to pay for Kilian's clothing, to pay rent and to-"