𝟎𝟓

Kilian awoke with a start, the lack of warmth beside him instantly dragging him from the comforting depths of his rest.

He'd fallen asleep after his Aunt brought him home, curling up with him in his new room when he asked.

Kilian had nibbled on some apple slices before then since y/n seemed really worried about him eating, but couldn't manage to stomach much else.

He'd drifted off to sleep in his Aunt arms after that, comfortable and happy as she hummed quietly to him.

'When I was really small, that woman never held me.' Kilian thought as he slid off the bed and silently made his way to the door where light was filtering through from the living room, 'It was always Auntie.'

The young boy smiled to himself, 'I'm going to do my best to help Auntie! And I'll live a good life with her until I'm old enough to get a job and take care of her! It's perfect!'

Kilian grasped the door handle and opened it up, ready to go greet his Aunt, 'Should I act a little more my age? Auntie seems to worry about that... I'll be sure to ask. Papa said communication that is of very high importance.'

Little Kilian peeked out of his room, ready to relax and just be a kid. He didn't have to be scared anymore, nor did he have to be worried. He could live the life he wanted to live!

Of course, all of Kilian's plans to chill out and be a normal kid shattered the moment he saw his beloved Aunt sitting on the couch with her husband. He wouldn't have been bothered had this GROWN MAN JUST SAT NORMALLY RATHER THAN USED Y/N'S LEGS AS HIS PERSONAL PILLOWS!!!

'Bah, I'll have to wait till later.' Kilian thought with narrowed eyes, 'I already greatly dislike this clown.'

"Auntie...?" y/n blinked in surprise upon hearing Kilian's voice and glanced over at Kilian who was sleepily rubbing his eyes from where he stood by the door to his room.

"Kilian, what are you doing up?" y/n questioned, standing up abruptly and causing Yuri to tumble off the couch in her haste to go to Kilian's aid.

"What the-?" Yuri caught himself, careful not to say anything that'd get him in trouble, as y/n lifted up the sleepy Kilian and carried him back over to the couch.

"What's wrong, Kil?" the woman questioned as her young nephew rubbed his eyes from where he sat in her lap, "Couldn't sleep?"

Kilian shook his head, "I woke up, but I couldn't fall back asleep since you were gone by then..."

"Oh, my bad, Kil..." y/n sighed, hugging the young boy as Yuri dragged himself back up onto the couch, "Before I forget, Yuri! This is my nephew, Kilian. Kilian, this is my husband, Yuri."

The two of them stared at each other for a long moment before Kilian's frown deepened. He turned his head and rested it against y/n's chest instead with a huff., 'As if I'd greet someone like him!'

'Hey!that's my spot!' Yuri glared at the little boy before scoffing, 'The brat knows what he's doing! This is exactly why I didn't want kids!'

Y/n laughed nervously, "Haha... I hope you two can get along. For now I'll, uh, get Kilian to bed."

She got up, still holding Kilian as she gave Yuri a quick kiss and a soft, "I'll be back soon." before returning to the young boy's room.

As she opened the door and began heading inside, Kilian gave Yuri a smirk and a thumbs down over his Aunt's shoulder, earning a look of fury from the young man.

'I- that little 💩!'

It didn't take much time or patience before Kilian fell right back asleep, his exhaustion getting the better of him once again. Y/n lingered a little longer, just to make sure his sleep wouldn't be disturbed again, before returning to the living room and flopping on the couch again.