𝟏𝟗

"Great to see you, old friend!"

"Good to see you as well, Gram!"

Y/n and Arron Gretcher stood off to the side with little looks of amusement as their fathers greeted each other cheerfully, patting each other on the back with bright smiles.

Alessandro and Gram Gretcher had been friends for as long as y/n could remember, and she recalled herself and Achille having to hang out with Olka and her brothers while their fathers talked about business and such.

Arron, the oldest out of Gram's three children, was once very good friends with Achille. It was thanks to him that y/n managed to catch Edith red handed.

The group of four had gathered in an expensive restaurant which they'd booked completely for the afternoon.

They all settled down to eat lunch together and catch up before they were to begin talking business.

The only people allowed inside were staff from the establishment, and both y/n and Gram's men were posted around the perimeter to ensure there'd be no interferences.

Kilian, Zain and Elena were a couple blocks away at the Adoption Fair taking place nearby since Kilian wanted to go see the animals.

The plan was for y/n and Alessandro to finish discussing the whole unsolved murder situation with Gram and Arron, then join Kilian, Zain and Elena so they could spend quality time with the boy.

And so Zain could get some alone time with Elena.

He wouldn't shut up about it, so y/n decided to help the poor man out a little bit. Just a little bit.

"How are you doing these days, y/n?" Arron questioned, snapping y/n out of her thoughts, "Is Kilian doing alright?"

"He's certainly a lot livelier these days." y/n hummed, "He's started attending school as well, even made some friends!"

Arron smiled, "That's good to hear. I'm sure Achille would be thrilled about how well Kilian is doing."

Y/n nodded, "Yeah... I'm sure he would. And what about you? Have you and your siblings been well?"

"I've been doing alright, and Olka actually had a kid not too long ago!" Arron chimed before digging in his pocket for a photo and offering it to y/n, "This is Gram. Olka decided to name him after our father."

"Awww, what a cutie..." y/n cooed at the sight of the picture, 'Man, am I catching baby fever or something? Seeing this adorable little bean makes me want to have a little one as well.'

The woman internally deflated, imagining the constant fussing between Yuri and Kilian somehow getting worse, 'Actually... maybe I should get those two to get along first.'

"What about Osmond? I haven't heard much from him lately." y/n pointed out and Arron's smile wavered.

"Ah... Osmond died a couple months ago as a result of some conflict within the family. Which is actually why my Father and I called you here to talk." Arron murmured.

Y/n frowned, "I see. You have my condolences, Arron. Osmond was like another brother to both Achille and I, so I'll do all I can to help."

Arron offered y/n a weak smile, "Thank you..."

"Now that we've all caught up." Gram suddenly announced, catching both Arron and y/n's attention, "I think it's about time we discuss the topic at hand."

A couple of employees removed the dishes from the table, replacing them with a few alcoholic beverages and that f/d y/n had ordered before hurriedly leaving the room.