𝟐𝟐

Diona was all knowing, right?

So maybe, just maybe...

"My Auntie and her husband. What exactly are they doing right now, Diona?" Kilian questioned.

"You don't wanna know, kid." the plant replied curtly and the little boy blinked once, unimpressed.

"You don't know, do you?"

"I know. I'm just being nice and refraining from traumatizing you." Diona replied simply and Kilian's eyes narrowed.

"I paid you, tell me!"

"Ask me something else."

"Hmph... who killed my Dad?"

"Not gonna tell you that either."

"What the— you scammed me!"

"Here's a little something." Diona chirped, "When you all go on that trip to the museum... don't go."

"What? What trip to the museum?" Kilian demanded.

"You gotta pay extra if you wanna know." the plant said dismissively and the boy huffed, fuming.

"I'm never coming back here again!" he shouted, storming out of the room with a furious look.

"You and I both know that's a lie! Also, there's occupation investigation project coming up. You should totally interview your Aunt, or, better yet, your Uncle Yuri." the plant called after the retreating boy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Job investigation, huh?" y/n murmured with a thoughtful look as her and Kilian were setting the table.

"I'm supposed to choose someone to ask about their occupation. General stuff like what they do, why they chose the job, and such." Kilian explained, "I wanted to ask you, but..."

"I get it." y/n chuckled, "I've got a great idea! Why don't you ask Yuri, hm? I'm sure he'll be glad to help."

Kilian smiled and nodded.
"Mm, I'll ask him." 'I doubt he'll be glad.'

When Yuri returned in time for dinner and the trio sat down to eat, Kilian took his sweet time enjoying his Aunt's cooking. Was it just him, or was it better than usual now that he was about to ruin Yuri's day?

He waited till Yuri was in the middle of eating before clearing his throat and announcing in his best six year old voice, "Hey, geezer, I wanna go to work with you again."

Yuri choked on his food and y/n gasped, "Yuri!"

'💩! I knew something was up when that poison went missing! Did I mix it with the food on accident?!' y/n thought in alarm as Kilian just kept eating.

"Yuri, are you alright?" y/n asked frantically, patting her husband's back, 'Please don't be poisoned-!'

"Urgh... I'm fine..." Yuri mumbled before giving Kilian a frown, "Why exactly do you want to go to work with me?"

"I have a school project." Kilian replied, "A job investigation project. Auntie said a Casino probably wouldn't be a good idea, so she suggested I ask you!"

Yuri looked to his wife for answers and she only smiled with a thumbs up, 'Bonding time, Yuri!'

'Damn it, I think this kid knows something. I made a mistake bringing him along with me that first time, thinking he'd be too stupid to figure it out, but I severely underestimated him.' Yuri thought with frustration, 'He's not just book smart, he's a devious little villain! Damn it, he clearly thought ahead when he decided to ask in front of y/n...!'