𝟎𝟖

Kilian remembered bits and pieces about y/n's four most trusted associates. He definitely remembered their names.

There was Captain Oleander and Serafina, the Lawyer, were two out of four. The other two were often terribly busy, and rarely met with y/n.

One was Gabriel, or Gabe, Martin. A real estate agent who mostly worked in Westalis. He used to bring lots of gifts to Kilian, and typically only visited when WISE requested assistance from Achille or Y/n. Kilian had overheard that she was meeting with the man, which was why she couldn't take him to the exams that one day.

The other was Corinne Klein, a terrifying woman with an even more terrifying way of getting rid of people. She own plenty of restaurants and bars, and she had an iron grip on the alcohol industry in Ostania. Recently, she'd been starting to reach into Westalis as well.

She was pretty awkward around kids, but damn.

"Cousin Corinne cooks very well." Kilian commented as he nibbled on the grilled cheese sandwich the lady had made for him.

Y/n, Kilian, Zain, and Elena were all sitting at a table together in a completely empty restaurant. A couple days had passed since Kilian's exam, and they were about to go see the results. However, Kilian got nervous and asked to have lunch first.

He really wanted to avoid that Becky girl.

They chose to eat at The Lazy Lion, y/n's favorite spot, partially for food and partially so y/n could check in on someone.

The only person working there, a tall beautiful lady with a stoic face, cold brown eyes, and long deep red hair which had been tied back into a bun, had been the one y/n wanted to see.

Despite her stoic expression, there was a light tint of pink on her cheeks at the compliment from the little boy, "Thank you, Kilian. If you ever want me to cook you something... er... just ask."

Kilian nodded, "Will do!"

"Hehe, Corinne is a wonderful cook, isn't she?" y/n agreed with a warm smile as Kilian continued happily enjoying his lunch, "If you ever want something good to eat, feel free to ask to visit the Lazy Lion!"

"Oh, by the way, who named this place?" Kilian questioned, "Lazy Lion is an odd name."

"Oh." Corinne fiddled with the apron she wore, "Your father named it, I left it up to him since he was very eager to name it."

Kilian fell silent at the mention of his late father, but he smiled a little and nodded, "Aha, I had a feeling."

There was a long awkward silence.

"Ahem, so, are you all on your way to see the results for the exam?" Corinne asked as she carried a seat from another table and set it down, "I heard from Laurence that Kilian took Eden Academy's Entrance Exam. The results came out today, didn't they?"

Kilian flinched before covering his mouth with an uneasy look, "Urgh... I've— I've gotta go to the bathroom."

Kilian practically rolled off the seat before running off and around the corner to the bathroom in a panic.

"Huh." Corinne glanced at y/n with a half smile, "Guess stress induced diarrhea runs in the family, eh?"

Y/n rubbed the back of her neck, "Haha, yeah..." she waved her free hand and Zain nodded, getting up and taking a seat by the front of the restaurant instead while Elena joined him much to his barely contained delight.

"We've got the SSS on our backs again." Corinne said quietly and y/n groaned, lifting a hand to rest it against her forehead.

"We can't afford to lay low again, Cor..."