𝟐𝟕

"Kilian!!!"

Kilian jumped at the sound of his name, looking around in alarm and flinching when he spotted Zain hurrying back over.

'💩!' Kilian looked back at Anya, "I've gotta go, Anya, but stay alert! If you see my Aunt, do everything you can to distract her from Miss Yor!"

"Huh? But why?" Anya questioned.

"I... I can't tell you." Kilian mumbled, "But if you can't do that, then Miss Yor is going to die!"

'Die?!' Anya internally shrieked, "Ian-!"

The boy was already running off, ushering a puzzled and annoyed Zain away to go get food. He hated making Anya worry, but Kilian knew he wouldn't be able to get anywhere near as long as Zain was looking after him.

'I'll have to find a way to lose him tomorrow, but I'll have to remain alert for now...!' Kilian reminded himself, 'Rest for now, so you can work with a clear head!'

Kilian did not sleep well at all.

He barely got three hours of rest, and awoke feeling groggy and weak. Zain brought him breakfast, Elena seeming hesitant to touch anything in the room that Kilian would or could make contact with.

Kilian could hardly keep his head up, and just ended up going back to sleep. After sleeping basically the whole day away, he awoke to find Elena gone again.

Him and Zain ate dinner together, he got to watch Zain gamble half of his week's pay away (he couldn't stand to see someone lose so miserably, so Kilian may have done a bit of cheating), and they went out to watch the fireworks while enjoying ice cream.

'I'm not supposed to know that Auntie is on the ship, but I think I could get some information out of him if I mention Grandpa.' Kilian thought, "Hey, Mister Bodyguard, when is Grandpa gonna join us?"

"Not until we get to the island." Zain replied with a wave of his hand, "The old man had to make some calls to some friends and handle some business first, but he's going to ensure that it'll be worth the wait."

"Hm." Kilian looked at his ice cream, his aunt's favorite flavor which recently became his own, "I wonder where Miss Elena is."

"Me too, kid." Zain huffed, resting his head on his hand as he looked out at the sea, "Probably with your Grandfather."

"Mm..." Kilian began to enjoy his ice cream again, his brows slightly furrowed, only to get bumped and nearly knocked off the 🚚ing boat.

The only reason he didn't fall off was because Zain caught him by the back of his clothing, turning his head to give the idiot a glare and a, "Watch where you're going, moron!"

Kilian wasn't paying attention as the man returned Zain's glare, saying something that the boy didn't quite catch as his attention was drawn further up.

His eyes darted up and above where he briefly caught sight of Yor. Was she alright? Y/n hadn't made her move already, had she? Kilian needed to slip away, just to be sure!

He shuffled away from Zain and the angry man as the two started bickering, the bodyguard's look of surprise shifting to annoyance when this dude grabbed him by the front of his clothing.