𝟎𝟔

"I want to stay with Mister Captain."

"Where's this coming from all of a sudden?"

Oleander looked very confused as Kilian clung to his leg with a serious little look while Yuri just looked like he wanted to die from embarrassment.

"Again, I'm really sorry Captain Oleander..." Yuri sighed and the young man shook his head with a small smile.

"Don't worry about it, it's perfectly fine." Oleander chuckled before patting Kilian on the head, "Why don't you go on and change into your uniform? I'll go ahead and take Kilian on up to my office, we'll both wait for you there!"

"Really?" Yuri's eyes lit up at the thought of being free from the brat before he caught the sour look Kilian was giving him, "Of course! Thank you, Captain!"

The duo watched with weary and irritated gazes as Yuri took off, speeding away like a mad man.

"I hate that man..." Kilian seethed before looking up at Oleander, "Uncle Oleander? You know Auntie's husband?"

He deadpanned at the haggard young man who looked about ready to collapse, "Ohhh... this is very bad..."

Kilian sighed, 'Ah, yes, very bad indeed.'

Y/n was never meant to take on the family business, as everyone expected Achille to live a long time. Unfortunately, after disaster struck, the siblings' father wasn't in the right mindset to step back into the role. On top of that, he was terribly sick and couldn't handle the stress.

Y/n decided to step up, but only until she punished everyone involved in her brother's death. As far as the Secret Police and rival gangs were concerned, Laurence was momentarily the big boss until y/n's father was well enough to take over again and y/n was living a separate life with a couple of safety precautions.

Nobody knew y/n was in charge, for the safety of both her and her husband. But since Yuri was a member of the Secret Police, things could get real complicated real quick.

"Ughh... should I tell her or not...?"

"I don't recommend it."

Kilian sat on the couch in Oleander's nice office, sipping on the hot cocoa the young man had made for him.

Oleander was devoted to the Leone Family, especially after Kilian's grandfather took him under his wing and raised him alongside Achille and Y/n.

After he began to work for the SSS, he'd report back to the family to keep them and their business under the radar and out of trouble. Oleander was good at what he did, but him and Kilian's father were both very nervous men.

While Oleander had learned how to hide it and put on a confident facade, it was in private that he would finally collapse under all the pressure. Kilian had witnessed it once or twice when he was very small.

The boy regarded the young man who sat at his desk with his head down and chuckled a little bit. This looked familiar, the picture was only missing Kilian's father!

At that, Kilian looked down with a small frown.

Huh, it still didn't feel real.

"Uncle Oleander, listen" Kilian murmured, "We don't have to tell Auntie, I think it's better if we don't."

The young man at the desk looked surprised, "Huh?"

"As much as I dislike the guy, that Yuri guy seems to make Auntie happy." Kilian murmured, "So I think we should keep quiet about it."

"But if she finds out..."

"She won't find out."

"...?"