𝟏𝟏

"Your nephew isn't picky, but what does he like?"

"Well... Kilian will eat just about anything I cook, but he really enjoys sweets! He does like a lot of bread, and could probably eat strawberry tarts for the rest of his life if given the chance, but he really loves cooking with Yuri and I!" y/n chirped.

"I do get a little nervous seeing him in the kitchen around the hot stove, but y/n wants him to learn to take care of his basic needs and to have some independence." Yuri added, "We've taught him simple things first, but he's very eager to make goulash with us."

Kilian fought off a pout as he recalled how lovey dovey y/n and Yuri would be in the kitchen. He'd normally just focus on his books, but he couldn't stand Yuri rubbing up on y/n like that! He wouldn't allow it!

That was how the little boy got into the whole cooking mess, but he actually quite enjoyed it. Learning to cook was fun, and Kilian had to admit that the thought of cooking goulash all on his own for y/n was super exciting!

Now if Yuri wasn't included, that would be great.

Kilian had gotten so absorbed in plotting again, he nearly jumped out of his seat when a voice asked, "Now for the young man, could you introduce yourself by telling us your name and address?"

The boy recovered swiftly, grabbing his raging nerves by the neck and throwing them in a cage to calm himself, "My name is Kilian L. Briar. I'm 6 years old. My house is in the East District of Berlint at 420 Delta Street!"

"And what do you like to do outside of school?"

'Sabotage my Aunt's marriage so I can have her to myself, bully Yuri, eat strawberry tarts, play chess, bully Yuri some more, play board games with Miss Corinne...' "I like to read lots of mystery books about unsolved murder cases! I really like museums too, and the park is a really fun place. I also like to learn about chess with Unc—Un..."

Everyone gave the boy odd looks as he struggled to get the words out. He looked disgusted by the word alone, and trying to say it seemed to be causing him actual pain.

Kilian turned his head way, "With Uncle... Yuri..."

Y/n covered her mouth with sparkling eyes while Yuri gave the kid a look of disbelief, 'Was it really that difficult to say it?'

"And learning to cook is fun." the boy finish awkwardly.

"What sort of things would you like to do at Eden Academy?" Mr. Evans inquired and Kilian paused to think deeply for a long moment.

"I wanna read more books on murder mystery! And learn Biology, even if it's annoying. I also wanna let those animals we saw earlier, especially that horse that trampled my Un..*cough* Uncle." Kilian nodded to himself, "Yeah, I also wanna see more museums."

"You seem to really enjoy murder mystery books, young man! Tell me, do you have any favorites?" Mr. Evans asked with a warm smile and Kilian nodded twice.

"I have one, but I can't remember the name." Kilian lied, unblinking and unmoving as the lie slipped out into the air and hung there for a moment before dissipating.

"Where'd this interest of Murder Mystery come from? Could it be related to your Father?" Mr. Swan questioned and Kilian tensed a little bit.

'Wait, does he know that Papa was murdered?' Kilian wondered, giving the man a long and unblinking stare, 'Was he involved? No, he seems like the type but lacks the balls. Besides, he would've been caught sooner.'

"Please don't bring up my Father right now. This interview is about school, right? Not the past." Kilian replied calmly, though he was feeling very uncomfortable about the question.