𝟏𝟐

"Mm? What's this?"

Kilian gave the various presents seated on the counter a round eyed stare as y/n sat beside him with a little smile on her face, amused by her nephew's curiosity.

"They're gifts! Corinne, Oleander, Laurence, Serafina, Elena, Zain, and your Grandfather all wanted to get you some special things for getting into Eden Academy!" y/n explained, "So they got you these presents!"

"But... the result aren't even out yet." Kilian mumbled.

Y/n smirked, lifting a piece of paper, "Are you sure about that?"

Kilian's eyes scanned over the paper and his eyes lit up with excitement and disbelief, "I... I got in?"

"Yep! You sure did!" y/n confirmed and the little boy let out a little amazed exhale, peering at the paper almost as though double checking that it was real, "Congratulations, Kil!"

She offered him a present and he accepted it gratefully with a, "Hm... what awful wrapping skills... did Grandpa wrap this one?"

Y/n snorted, "There's only one person in our family who can make an innocent present look like it witnessed a murder and barely got out alive."

The gift box was wrapped up in wrapping paper which had been sliced open in multiple spots, and the bow was very ragged and worn from being mishandled.

Despite the ragged appearance of the gift, Kilian smiled and began to open up his gift. After removing the wrapping paper and opening up the box, he found a uniform on the inside. Eden Academy's uniform.

"I— how'd Grandpa know I got in?" Kilian asked with a confused look and y/n peered into the box before gasping.

"That man-! I swear, if that man did what I think he did...!" y/n practically hopped off the chair and rushed to the phone to dial in a number while Kilian reached into the box and pulled out a letter.

It was signed, Your Favorite Grandpa, with a little smiley face in the side. Kilian opened up the letter and began to read.

Dear Kilian,

Congratulations on making it into Eden Academy!
Before you make any assumptions, no, I didn't pull any strings! I already promised your Aunt that I wouldn't do any more meddling during my retirement, but she never believes me, even when I give her my word.

Kilian raised a brow, 'Probably because every time you do, it's not even a week before you break your promise.'

I had your uniform made ahead of time by a close friend of mine along with a specially made school bag just for you! Do well in school, and make lots of friends! And be sure to let Grandpa know if any brats are giving you trouble, I'll ensure it's taken care of.

Sincerely,
Grandpa Alessandro

P.S. I'll be returning from my vacation soon, I'll be sure to bring some strawberry pastries back for you!

Kilian smiled to himself and tucked the letter into his pocket as he listened to his Aunt and her father fuss with each other over the phone in the background.

His Grandfather, despite the business he ran, was a very sweet man. He loved his daughter and grandson very much, and treated Corinne, Laurence, Gabriel, Serafina, and Oleander like his own children.