𝟏𝟔.𝟓

Y/n knew a thing or two about taking care of drunk people, mostly due to her older brother. The man was a complete light weight and couldn't drink a lot.

Just one glass of literally anything that was mainly made of alcohol would leave him slumped for the evening.

She remembered her brother being one of those chaotic drunks who would do questionable things and do a complete mood shift out of the blue.

Yuri, on the other hand...

Yuri was just a wreck.

He wouldn't stop saying weird 💩 on the way to the hospital, and y/n had to sit on him to keep him still while his injuries were being taken care of.

He actually scooped up Kilian and hugged the boy while crying hysterically, causing the child to start screeching and spitting insults while begging for his aunt to rescue him.

After mentally burning the image into her brain, y/n convinced Yuri to let go of Kilian which prompted him to hug y/n instead.

The young woman made sure that the little boy was good to get himself ready for bed before attempting to get Yuri sober again.

Eventually, the two of them found themselves in bed. Y/n had decided to stay up and read a book to keep an eye on her train wreck of a husband while the man slept on his side, out like a light.

Y/n was focused on her book, a small smile upon her face as she read through it. It was one from her childhood, a book on space which her older brother had bought for her back when she had an obsession with outer space in elementary school.

While she wasn't super into outer space anymore, she did find comfort in the little notes her brother had written at certain points in the book to remind her to take a break from reading or to remind her that she was loved.

Even though her older brother was as complete wild card, he was still so loving and sweet when he wasn't busy being a social train wreck.

'Damn it, not again...' y/n thought, reaching up and holding a hand over her heart as though it'd somehow ease the pain left behind by her brother's death.

Out of the blue, y/n felt arms wrap around her waist and a weight on her lap before she looked down and found Yuri there.

He was half asleep, clearly tired asf, but had shuffled a little closer just so he could be touching his wife.

"Touch starved." y/n stated.

"As if you're not." Yuri huffed quietly.

"Are you feeling better? Do you need more water?" y/n asked, "I can get up and cook you something to help with your hangover if you've got one, it's still pretty early but you could always eat it later."

"No, it's fine." Yuri mumbled before peeking up at his wife, "But if you could hold me, that'd be great."

Y/n chuckled, "Alright then."

She closed the book and set it on the night stand before shuffling down under the covers and facing Yuri so she could pull him closer and rest her head on top of his.

"It was really nice to see Yor again, I just wish you'd been a little nicer to her husband. You were being super mean." y/n murmured as she brushed hair away from Yuri's face, "Do you really think he's a bad guy?" 'Should I have someone do a background check? Maybe Elena would be up to it. She has been getting a little antsy lately.'

Yuri was quiet for a long moment before speaking up, "I'm just being wary, that's all. The last thing I want is for Yor to end up with some douchebag who'll make her cry. You know how that feels, don't you?"

Y/n puffed out a small breath of laughter as she recalled her initial suspicion of Edith back when the woman and Achille had begun to date, "I'd be lying if I said I didn't."

"That's good. All I want is to make sure that this man is truly worthy of Yor!" Yuri declared.

"Mm, you know what this sounds like."

"What?"

"You and Kilian."

Yuri's face went blank, "That's different."

"No it's not." y/n blinked.

Yuri shuffled around a little so him and y/n were making eye contact, "Kilian literally insults me the moment he sees me and disrespects me in my own house!"

"And you're telling me you didn't do the same to Yor's husband?" y/n retorted with a raised brow.

"I— Kilian kicked me in the balls!"

"I'll admit, that was a little unexpected, but he did apologize for it." y/n tried, "My point is, give Loid a chance before you start screaming bloody murder. You're a pretty discerning guy, although your level of discernment tends to drop drastically whenever it comes to Yor. If Loid truly is a bad guy, you'd notice immediately."

The woman gave her husband a little kiss on the forehead, "Alright, now go back to sleep. We can't have you falling asleep on your feet at work, now can we? I think I might have a heart attack the next time I get a calm about you suddenly dropping at work."

"Come on, it was a one time thing!" Yuri complained.

"It was twice!"

"Only because I hit my head!"

"The only reason you hit your head was because you were tired and hadn't slept the night before." y/n retorted, "Now sleep."

"Only if I get a kiss." Yuri replied with a huff.

The h/c haired woman only chuckled, "Well..."

Before she could finish, there was a thud from the other room followed by rapid footsteps. Next thing they knew, Kilian was throwing open the door to the bed room.

Y/n sat up, "Kilian?"

"What the hell?" Yuri demanded only for the little boy to run up and leap into the bed between him  and y/n, "Hey!"

Kilian hid his face in y/n's pajamas and she paused, hearing the sound of quiet sobs coming from the little boy.

He was crying.

Y/n could tell that Yuri noticed too, as he didn't say anything despite the clear annoyance on his face.

"Kilian? What's wrong?" y/n questioned, cupping the little boy's face in her hands, "Why are you crying? Are you hurt?"

The little boy shook his head and mumbled, "Can I sleep with you guys tonight? I had a nightmare and I can't go back to sleep."

"Of course, Kil." y/n hummed before scooting so that there was space between her and Yuri, "Here, you can lay down."

Kilian clambered under the covers without another word, snuggling up close to his aunt and burying her face in her night gown whilst sniffling quietly.

Y/n didn't speak another word, only stroked Kilian's hair as the clearly frightened little boy calmed down.

Well, since y/n had insisted that he sleep—

Y/n was surprised when Yuri laid down again, reaching over Kilian to loop an arm around y/n and hold her.

She smiled a little, glad to see that her husband and nephew weren't fighting for once, before closing her eyes.

It'd been a long day, and the next day was going to be long to. They could talk another time.

Now, it was time for them to get some rest.