𝟎𝟒

(TW: Weird copypastas, violence with an attempt at some comedy, a woman bludgeoning grown men with a fruit, a two guns)

(Didn't wanna take any chances .-.)

"Will you come back to visit?"

"Absolutely not."

Kilian stood with Anya outside the Orphanage after the other children had said their goodbyes, Serafina and Elena by the car seemingly teasing a fussy Zain about something while y/n shouted at them to stfu.

Anya pouted, holding onto her chimera plush a little tighter, "So... then... we'll never see one another again."

Kilian turned his gaze away, "Guess not."

Silence filled the air between the two of them as Kilian refuses to speak, and Anya remained silent.

They'd been through so much together!

Kilian used to make up games for her to play shortly after his arrival when they were being experimented on.

He agreed to escape with her, and used the abilities he hated so much to help keep them safe and hidden.

The boy even purposefully got himself kicked out of foster homes so he could stay with Anya whenever he realized she'd been sent back to the Orphanage.

'And now he's leaving me...'

"H...Hey, Anya."

The girl blinked in surprise, meeting Kilian's gaze and finding that the boy was offering something to her.

A bag of peanuts.

"Woahhh! Peanuts!!!" Anya breathed before accepting the small gift, "But when did you...?"

"Heh, the truck dropped some." Kilian replied simply before leaning closer and whispering, "I have some more hidden around the Orphanage."

"Really?" Anya exclaimed.

"Mhm, and I prepared some puzzles in advance to make it extra interesting!" Kilian declared with pride.

Anya did not look impressed, "You did it to make it super hard for Anya, didn't you Ian?"

"They're super top secret puzzles for spies."

"So exciting!"

"You're way too easy to satisfy." Kilian heaved a sigh before reaching out and patting her head, "We're gonna see each other again soon, so don't be sad. I may not be able to see the future or anything like that, but I'm certain that we'll meet again!"

"How can you be so sure?" Anya demanded.

"You've stuck to me this long, who says this will change that?" Kilian scoffed as though annoyed, but Anya could hear his thoughts. His fuzzy, sad, worried little thoughts.

"Hmph! Well then I'll see you!" the little girl declared then held out her fist to him, "You'd better get into that school you wanted to go to!"

"What? Eden???"

"Yeah! And Anya will meet you there!"

"Now that's a little far fetched——" Kilian began but stopped when he saw the determined look in Anya's eyes, "Err... alright. If that's what you want, then work hard to achieve that goal!"

"Yes! I'll work really hard, so you work hard too!"

Kilian gave Anya a thumbs up, awkwardly linked his pinky with hers, and mumbled, "Just to... seal the deal, I suppose..."

Anya grinned, "Haha! Alright! Pinky promise!"

'Anya's like a magnet, so I've got nothing to worry about.' Kilian thought before rubbing the back of his neck with a free hand, 'Even knowing that... I'm still a bit nervous-'