74

*sorry in advance, this is a long one, but I loved writing it; I just couldn't stop*

••••

New Year's Eve 2022

New York City

••••

Presley stormed through the lobby of her apartment building with a figure chasing after her. The blonde tried to grab her arm to pull her back. "Pres, wait, I'm sorry, I can explain." She begged as mascara tears dripped down her otherwise perfect face.

The brunette swiftly turned on her heels. Fury in her eyes, a scowl on her lips, anger running through her body. She cocked an eyebrow, "Sorry for what?" Presley bit, causing the blonde to step back, "Sorry you've been fucking my boyfriend for months, or sorry you got caught?"

This was not a conversation either of them wished to have in the lobby surrounded by listeners, but Presley was so damn mad that she couldn't contain her remarks. She had been aware that Juno and Jaspar had been sleeping together, but she had not expected them to be so reckless and selfish as to go at it in a restaurant bathroom on New Year's Eve.

Juno looked down at peep-toe heels and shuffled her weight continuously from foot to foot as if that would somehow remove her from the room. "Let's just go up to your place, and I promise I will explain everything." Juno appealed, her voice cracking when she realised that she may have just lost the last piece of respect from her best friend.

It had never meant to happen like this, sure, Juno had been sleeping with Presley's boyfriend, but the blonde was adamant that the brunette was aware of it. She had nothing to stop them made Juno think that she didn't care.

Before Presley discovered them, they had been enjoying a New Year's Eve late lunch at Nobu with Jaspar and Emma. After this, it was the plan to go out to one of their favourite clubs to ring in the new year.

Presley shook her head, "I don't care, Ju, I don't give two fucks what your side of the story is right now, so please, just go away," She enforced and shooed the blonde. Juno stood begging her friend to reconsider, but once the brunette had turned around and gotten into the elevator, she knew there was no talking about this, not tonight anyway.

As soon as the elevator door closed, the prior composed fashion designer squatted in despair. She pulled at the roots of her hair violently and began rocking back and forth. Presley could barely contain her emotions; the tears couldn't fall fast enough. It was as if the world had started to consume her but not before she had been able to rewatch the moment she caught the blonde with her legs wrapped around her boyfriend's waist.

The ride to her floor seemed like an eternity. It stopped on the 37th floor, and before the doors could even open, she screamed for whoever was waiting on the floor to get the next one. Presley was a mess, and she didn't want anyone to see this.

Once in her apartment, she went to her fridge and popped open the bottle of Laurent Perrier that they would have been consuming together. Presley didn't bother to get a glass; she brought the bottle to her lips and took two large gulps. The bubbles hitting the back of her throat made her choke slightly.

The glittery dress that she was wearing became overbearing, and Presley began pulling at the zip, but it was stuck. Frantically she grabbed the bottom of the dress to take it over her head. Ouch. The lining caught on the dangling diamonds in her ear, and it ripped out and onto the floor.

Next, the anger hit. How could Juno and Jaspar have done this to her, and why did she allow it for so long. Had she consented to the action? Another swig of the champagne to appease the rage, but it wasn't enough, and she was interrupted by a knock at the door.