100

Presley paced back and forth outside of Charles' apartment. She clutched her phone and a bottle of wine in one hand. However, it wasn't just any wine; it was their wine. The one Presley and Charles had fallen in love with during their time in Napa Valley.

On the way from the airstrip, Presley had asked Pierre to take her to the fine wine store near the marina, and she picked up the 2002 vintage there. Presley had thought about getting a bottle of champagne but decided against it when she saw they stocked their wine.

Whilst Juno and Emma had continued drinking during their flight from Paris, Presley had switched to coffee so that when she finally saw Charles, she was not slurring her words. "Where is he?" Presley muttered as she knocked on his door again.

Presley had spent the whole flight trying to decide exactly what she would say to Charles. Presley knew that she wanted to be with him and hadn't ever stopped loving him, but how was she going to put the chaos in her mind into words. All Presley was sure of was that she would do whatever it took to prove to her ex-husband that she was serious about them.

It was nearing half-past midnight, and Presley had been standing outside Charles' apartment for nearly an hour; it was clear he wasn't in, but she wasn't leaving. To pass the time, she scrolled through her phone to the photos she had saved of her and Charles. 

Despite the many rocky moments, she had a lot of tender pictures of them together, including her favourite. It was one that Milo had taken on that night in Las Vegas. The photo was blurry, but all Presley could recall was Charles holding on to her like his life depended on it.

Presley leant against the balcony that looked over the main road

Presley leant against the balcony that looked over the main road. A loud sigh left her lips as she realised that perhaps Charles was not coming home tonight. Naturally, her mind trailed to all the places he may be, but nothing was going to prepare her for seeing her ex-husband embracing a gorgeous blonde as they got out of a blacked-out SUV.

The brunette watched as her ex-husband wrapped his arm around the blonde's waist and gave what seemed to be a delicate kiss against her lips. Charles held his arm around the girl's shoulder as they made their way into the building. Presley wanted to flee to Pierre's floor, but as she called the elevator, she released Charles must have called it before her as it went down.

If Presley didn't feel so frozen on the spot, her heart would be racing out of her body. How could she have been so stupid to think that Charles wouldn't be getting back into the dating scene? Had Presley really been so naive? As she watched the elevator ding at every floor, Presley started to walk back towards Charles' front door.

Frantically, as the elevator doors were about to open, Presley once again leant against the railing. DING. And the doors open. Charles had his lips attached to the blonde, who was doing her best to resist the fumbling of his hands against her red dress.

"Presley?" Charles gasped as they stood out of the elevator. He dropped his arms around the blonde, and his ex-wife slowly turned around to face him. There was a look of shock on his face, but he looked scared. "Is that really you?"