123

Charles watched Presley as she sipped on a glass of Laurent Perrier Rose champagne. He noticed that every time a bubble hit the roof of her mouth, she smiled and brought a finger to stop her from sneezing. It was just one thing that Charles adored about his girlfriend.

"Today has been wonderful, Leclerc." Presley was enthused as she turned to look at her boyfriend, who was surrounded by shopping bags. "If you ever decide to quit F1, you definitely have a career in bag holding." She winked and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

The Ferrari driver rolled his eyes. Holding bags for his girl was one thing, but if he was going to have a second career, it would be something similar to what Lewis had been doing for Mercedes.

Presley rested her back against Charles' shoulder whilst the waiter topped up both of their glasses. "I'd do anything to make you happy," Charles noted as Presley wiggled her brows. She was about to say something, but Charles cut her off. "Except move to New York." He smirked.

It wasn't that Charles didn't love the hustle and bustle of the city that Presley called home, but it wasn't convenient for him at this point in his career. The birthday girl pouted and sighed before laughing.

Presley didn't want Charles to move to New York. She liked his fleeting visits, but this was her city. This was where Presley had grown up, and perhaps it was selfish not to want to share Manhattan with Charles. However, Presley wanted them to find somewhere that was 'theirs', not a city where she had both good and bad memories on every block.

"I love you, you know that." Charles smiled into Presley's head that was resting against him. "You make me so happy." He added.

The fashion designer echoed the driver's sentiments. This was the happiest Presley had been, at least if you took out the first time she and Juno met One Direction. Jokes aside, nobody had ever made Presley this happy.

As the bottle of champagne ended, Presley noticed that Charles was nervously checking the time every few minutes. She narrowed her brow, Charles hadn't told her the plan for the rest of the evening, but Presley knew she would see Juno and Emma at some point.

"We should get going; I need to change before going out with the girls," Presley said as she downed the last bits of the champagne in her glass.

Charles cocked his head. A bead of sweat dripped down his forehead. He quickly wiped it away so that Presley wouldn't notice. "Yeah, we should," Charles said as he got up and began collecting the bags. At that point, Charles had regretted not taking Saks Fifth Avenue up on their offer to send all of the shopping directly to her apartment. However, Presley had wanted a photo for Instagram of Charles sitting looking lost in the middle of the bags. She was impressed at his stamina for shopping.

Outside, a town car was waiting for the couple. The driver got out to place the shopping into the trunk. "After you," Charles motioned, holding the door for Presley. She smiled and slid across the leather seats.

As soon as Charles got comfortable, Presley rested her head against his shoulder. He smelt amazing. It was the new cologne that Presley had picked for him to celebrate her birthday. At first, Charles found it odd that one of the things she wanted to do on her birthday was to pick something for him. However, she soon explained that it was because she wanted a scent to associate this birthday with.

This was just another thing that Charles adored about her. Presley told him it didn't matter if they were in different hemispheres, timezones or continents. When she found herself missing him, Presley could simply spritz the perfume, and it would be like Charles was right there.

Once again, Presley saw that Charles was constantly checking his phone or watch for the time. She let it go. He was a stickler for times, and Juno had probably warned him to get Presley home at a specific time so as not to cut into girl time.