89

"Alright, boys, what's going on?" Pierre announced as he walked towards the table where Milo, Lewis, and Charles had been sitting for forty minutes. "Sorry I'm late; I was wrapping up a training session." The Frenchman told them as he picked up a cocktail menu.

A smirk grew on Lewis' face, and he wiggled his eyebrows. "I didn't know Emma helps you train?" He innocently remarked in the direction of Pierre. Milo couldn't contain his laughter, and he nearly spat out the old fashioned he was sipping.

Pierre shrugged his shoulders at the jests of Lewis, "Well, I have to look my best for Aspen." He winked and then ordered a gin martini. Charles seemed spaced out as he listened to Pierre talk about Emma Taylor, the girl that Scarlet had introduced to him in Brazil and the girl that made up what Presley called her New York City trio. "Emma says that Pres and Ju are incredibly competitive at snowboarding."

With the drop of the 'P-word, Charles was suddenly back in the room. He tipped his head to the side, and his perfect face screwed up. "Wait, you're going on holiday with Presley?" Charles inquired in a less than impressed tone. "As in, the girl who broke my heart?" He added.

Pierre awkwardly looked towards the two Brits at the table who had averted their attention to a group of birds swooping outside. Lewis even remarked that they must be getting ready to fly south for the winter. Realising that neither Lewis nor Milo would be much help in getting him out of this sticky situation, he bit down on his lip.

"I expected this from Milo, but you? Pierre, are you seriously going to go?" Charles reasoned as his glare briefly looked to the blue-eyed Brit. "You don't even know this 'Emma' very well. How do you know she's not another Juno?" He bit.

Charles had decided that he didn't like Juno. He knew that she and Presley had seemingly made up and resolved their dramas, but it didn't sit well with him. No matter how long she'd known his ex-wife, this girl had gone out of her way to create chaos in the brunette's life. And now, going by Presley's Instagram, they were the best of friends again.

Pierre slowly nodded his head. His martini was brought over by the pretty waitress, and the Frenchman took a sip of it. He winced slightly, "Core, that is strong." He remarked with a chuckle before turning his attention to Charles, who was not looking impressed. "I'd like to get to know her better, and this trip is a great opportunity."

Charles rolled his eyes and scoffed. Lewis thought about interjecting, but Charles started talking irately over him. "I just don't understand why all my friends seem to take pleasure in stabbing me in the back." Charles sassily remarked before taking a large gulp of his drink. He had ordered a glass of red wine, but the wine just didn't have the same appeal since he had gotten back from Napa Valley. It was as if every sip reminded him of what he could have had.

"You could have any girl in the world, but you've decided that you just have to have the best friend of the girl who broke my heart." Charles pressed with a scoff. His words, whilst harsh, were true to him. Milo was one thing; he and Presley had all this history, but Pierre? Pierre was his oldest friend.

Pierre sighed and looked to Lewis, who he hoped would be the voice of reason like he had on so many occasions. However, the world champion remained silent. Lewis knew where he stood in this disagreement, and he wasn't about to shake the boat further.

"I like her; I think she could be something special." Pierre said to Charles, rolling his eyes, "And honestly, I haven't liked anyone since Scarlet." He divulged as his tone began to change. "I am really sorry about how things ended with you and Presley, I really am, but it doesn't change anything for me." Pierre disclosed nervously.

Charles was taken back by the man's words, who he thought was his best friend. Every word that came out of his mouth felt like a personal attack, as if Pierre couldn't care less about him but only about this girl who had known less than a month. Pierre leaned over to place a comforting hand on Charles' shoulder, but he was shaken off.