78

Presley walked through the familiar sun-drenched atrium of Peekaboo, a sky view bar in Hudson Yards. It was a little after three pm. However, the spot was already busy with people wishing to take advantage of their generous happy hour.

She stood at the bar's edge and scanned the surroundings to find Jaspar, who she was reluctantly meeting. The brunette was about to fire a text message to the actor when he suddenly appeared in front of him.

Jaspar Korasic was wearing an Arsenal FC cap which seemed to go against the idea of remaining 'hidden' from the masses. A smirk was plastered over his pretty face before pressing his lips to Presley's cheek.

Quickly Presley pushed on his shoulders, "I thought we agreed on lunch?" She scolded with a grimace, "And last time I checked, this was a bar?"

The handsome actor laughed and directed her away from the bustling bar to a high table on the left-hand side. He pulled out a chair for the fashion designer, and she sat down. "I took the liberty of ordering you a drink; I take it that tequila is still your vice?" Jaspar motioned as a waiter brought over a tray with four shots and four wedges of lime.

She threw her hands up all too rapid. "I'm not doing shots with you, Korasic." Presley pointed out and asked the waiter to take them away. Unfortunately, just as quick as she denied the shots, Jaspar directed the waiter to leave them as he had already paid for them.

"You never turn down shots; what has happened?" Jaspar gasped as Presley's phone that lay on the table flashed. Charles Leclerc is calling you. Presley tapped the red button to decline the call. "Oh, it's the driver; that's what's happened." He mocked

Not to prove the arrogant man in her presence right, she downed two shots in quick succession and then bit down on the wedge of lime. The alcohol burnt the back of her throat, but that burning was nothing compared to the look on Jaspar's face.

Presley couldn't work out if Jaspar were impressed that she could still neck shots without choking or happy that she had just rejected her husband's call. Going from her experience with the actor, it was most likely the third option, relieved that he still thought he had a hold over her.

Once she had finished her tequila shots, Presley pushed the two remaining ones over to her ex-boyfriend. He shook his head, "I brought them for you," Jaspar remarked and slid them back to her.

Presley raised a brow, "Can you not handle tequila anymore?" She pondered and twirled a strand of her hair around her finger playfully. "I suppose tequila never was your strength," Presley remarked, shrugging her shoulders.

As the words left her mouth, Jaspar scoffed, and on cue, he picked up both shots and knocked them back. "Happy?" He snarled with small eyes.

A snigger left Presley's lips. "I'm here with you? So what do you think." She pointed out and beckoned for a waiter to come over. "Could I get a martini, dry with a twist of lemon?" Presley politely asked and looked over to Jaspar. They shared a look of understanding, "And he'll have a scotch, neat, preferably something from the highlands." She smiled as Jaspar nodded.

The waiter walked away, leaving a very impressed Jaspar biting his lower lip and looking intently at his ex-girlfriend. "You remembered?" He said as he leaned over the small table in between them.

Presley nodded and pointed out that it wasn't on many occasions that a man had taken her on a first date to a Scotch distillery and then asked the owners to name a batch after her. It had been a date opportune as Jaspar had been filming his latest film, 'Somewhere in the Runes,' up in the highlands of Scotland at the time. Nevertheless, Guenther had been very impressed when she brought him back a bottle of 20-year old Scotch.