Hitched Bonus Chapter - 3

"Bro, where do you keep the paint remover?" Arthur frantically asked as he held Lucia under his arm. "Someone might have taken finger painting to an extreme,"

Charles slowly turned around from the chopping board he was preparing pizza on to discover his younger brother holding his daughter, who was dripping a fuschia-toned paint. It was a lovely colour, and Presley had designed a whole collection around the hue, but it was now dripping all over the marble flooring.

"Jesus, Arthur, I don't know?" Charles just as frantically replied, nearly dropping the pizza wheel out of shock. "Wait...please tell me it's not all over the brand new Italian sheepskin blanket that Presley scolded me for eating Cheetos on...."

Now came the sheer panic of how he would replace Presley's favourite rug for the third time without her knowing. The first time Milo and Lewis spilt grape juice, the second time was said Cheetos saga and now...from the look on Arthur's guilty face, it was Fushia paint gate.

"I want to say it's not...." Arthur trailed as Lucia began squirming in her father's embrace. "Can Lucia borrow some of Jules' clothes? There is no way I can take her home in paint-stained overalls again; Juno will kill me," He remarked.

Now that was an exciting thought. If Juno and Presley got angry simultaneously and over the same saga, then would Charles and Arthur be off the hook? Because Presley couldn't be mad at her dotting goddaughter tapping into her creative potential.

Charles laughed and pointed him in the way of Jules' room. Arthur already knew the way to the bathroom where his daughter was going to need the bubble baths of all bubble baths.

Charles didn't have enough time to mull that thought as Antione and Jules came bounding through to the kitchen, Senna and Violet shortly behind and then, all at once, the rest of the children screamed through and sat at the breakfast nook.

Tiny fists pounding on the table and chanting, "What do we want?" Led by Milo, a chorus of "FOOD!" giggled at the table, "And when do we want it?" Henry continued.

There was a brief pause before the table erupted. "NOOOOOWWWWW!"

This had Funcle Milo written all over it, and Charles knew it as the elder Milo was chuckling to himself and recording the chaos ensuing.

It seemed crazy to Charles that, at one point, he doubted Milo's intentions. Deep down, Charles knew that the doubt grew from jealousy, but Presley also knew she had a massive part to play.

However, Presley was happy she stuck to her guns about Milo. She couldn't live without him, and it turned out neither could Charles. Sometimes things have to happen a certain way for the right pieces to fall together. In the end, it made Charles and Presley stronger.

Charles looked over the table of children nattering between themselves; Milo squeezed in between his name's sake and nephew, Henry. This was everything Charles had ever dreamed of achieving.

He had won a world title, married the girl of his dreams, and now he had four children to raise to achieve their own dreams. Naturally, Charles wondered what their goals might be. Would any of them follow in his footsteps? Did he want them too?

After having a frank conversation with Lewis Hamilton, and Pierre, Charles doubted if he wanted any of his children to become F1 Drivers. He wanted them to share his enthusiasm for the sport, if nothing else, but Lewis had been right when he expressed his concerns about the weight of their surnames.

Only a few offspring of F1 Drivers have gone on to do that well. There are exceptions, of course, Max Verstappen, Mick Schumacher and Nico Rosberg, but Lewis didn't want the pressure of being a 9-time world champion on Senna's shoulders.