Hitched Bonus Chapter - 4

Milo & Lewis Leclerc - 9 Years Old
Jules Leclerc - 7.5 Years Old
Benjamin Leclerc - 2 Years Old

2035

The idea of where Charles might retire had never been a question. The man was Ferrari through and through; he brought glory back to the Tiffosi and was their last reigning champion. Charles had never thought he would race for another team, especially not the competition.

However, all of that changed when Lewis Hamilton came to him with an offer. Race for Mercedes, become a champion with the Silver Arrows, cement his legacy and follow in the footsteps of Ferrari legend Michael Schumacher.

"What do you think?" Charles sighed as he leaned back against the headboard. "I need to give Lewis an answer?" He said, looking at his wife, who had just gotten out of the shower.

Presley pursed her lips. Some of her was annoyed that Charles had kept this to himself for so long, and Presley knew that if it hadn't been for Scarlet asking why Charles hadn't signed an extension, perhaps Charles would never have told his wife.

"I'm scared I'm going to make the wrong choice," There was an agonising tone to Charles's voice that Presley hadn't heard since their daughter Jules stopped holding his hand on the walk to school.

It had been no secret that Ferrari had been struggling in recent seasons. After four seasons of relishing in back-to-back drivers and constructors championship wins between Charles and Max, the dominance had swung back to a Lewis Hamilton captained Mercedes AMG. Mick Schumacher had won two titles, and Pierre Gasly was on course to win his first, leaving Charles increasingly frustrated by the lack of innovation Ferrari seemed to have.

"And Max announced he is retiring next season, so realistically, Ferrari will want to keep me,: Charles pondered as he watched Presley decide which dress she would wear to Milo and Lewis's summer play. "No way will they want to have two rookies in the cars,"

Max had made it clear that he would retire once the original contract ran out. He had other things he wanted to achieve, and Scarlet had just been offered a job with Sebastian Vettel at the newly formed Aston Martin - Red Bull Racing team. Max had decided to retire so Scarlet could take her career further.

Presley hated that there was nothing she could do or say to help with her husband's decision. There were three things Charles loved above everything else:

1. Presley

2. His Children

3. Driving for Ferrari

However, his love for Ferrari was beginning to fade, and Charles knew he had only had a limited time to win another title. Perhaps Mercedes was the answer?

"I think it's sweet that Max is retiring to spend more time with his kids," Presley smiled nonchalantly as she continued to get herself ready. "Violet is already winning her age division in karting,"

Violet Verstappen was a force to be reckoned with. She was younger than the Leclerc twins, but she ran the roost. Her older brother Henry had never shown any interest in racing, which disappointed Max, but she was off once Violet got into a kart.

It was a similar story with Senna Hamilton, much to his father's disdain. Lewis Hamilton had never wanted 8-year-old Senna to have the pressures or burden of the Hamilton surname, but like Violet, when Senna got into the kart, it was like watching his father again. There was no way Lewis would get in his way, and from that day on, Lewis and his now wife, Indie, had focused their energy on Senna's career.

On the other hand, the twins enjoyed racing, but neither wanted to give up their weekends for it. Especially Milo, who much preferred playing football for the Monaco FC Under 11's, for which he was the striker.