6 || You Left

Noah Puckerman did not see Maya Callisto sabotage Dave Karofsky's tires.

He'd merely taken a leap of faith: she had been one of the last people at school, hated Karofsky, and really, he'd done enough shenanigans of his own to know what a guilty face looks like.

He would soon regret his decision of snitching, however, when a certain blonde cheerleader got involved.

Also because future Puck was aware that he would see Maya Callisto at his house that very Saturday.

----------------

Crap.

Puck had seen me pop Karofsky's tires. Karofsky had nearly broken Alan's nose yesterday with no motive other than he was a "nerd." Karofsky now had a proper motive and I had never gotten in a physical fight before; needless to say, I was feeling absolutely peachy!

Sam and Karofsky were now both looking at Puck with shocked expressions, then shifted their focus to me.

I didn't think there was any getting out of this now, so I decided to just put on a brave face. "Okay okay, you caught me, I did it. I would apologize... but you deserved it," I finished with a shrug, looking Karofsky dead in the eye diagonally from me. I hoped he could not sense that I was seriously freaking out.

He threateningly leaned forward, not losing eye contact. Beside me, I couldn't tell if Sam was nervous or angry nor who exactly it was directed at.

"You just made a big mistake," he said in a low tone, leaning back like nothing had happened and pulling out something from his binder. Puck looked at him oddly for a second before doing the same, his calm exterior cracking slightly. I wanted to laugh at how angry Karofsky was at this when he'd probably done the same thing to someone else. I was just giving him a little karma.

Sam inconspicuously shot a glare at Karofsky, then less discreetly looked at Puck with an expression mingled with confusion and anger. I simply continued my attempts at homework, giving up some time after to resume doodling. Though Puck and Karofsky had papers out in front of them, they weren't even trying to look like they were doing work; Ms. Bletheim looked rather invested on her computer anyway.

Near the end of class, Karofsky went to use the bathroom. Sam took this opportunity to cough rather loudly, as though signaling something. Both Puck and I looked up at him.

"What?" he asked innocently. Puck rolled his eyes and I returned doodling, when he did it again.

"What?" I asked this time. Puck looked up now as well.

"Are we really gonna ignore the elephant in the room?" Sam questioned with a tone I'd never heard him use before; he was always rather light-hearted.

"What elephant?" Puck asked.

Sam sighed dramatically. "The fact that you snitched on Maya. I thought you were cool, man! And the fact that you popped Karofsky's tires! I've been here as long as you but even I know you don't mess with him."

"Wait, since when are you two buddies?" I asked Sam. He was talking to Puck like a friend, which was a first.

"Since I joined glee club." All my friends are officially in glee club. I remember how hesitant Sam was about it... did they brainwash him or something? I hope I'm not next.

"I didn't snitch-" Puck started.

"Yeah, you did." I continued doodling.

"Hey, you were being obvious-"

"Shut up Puck," Sam said.

Karofsky came back probably 30 seconds later, so we all shut up about it for the rest of class.