16 || I'll Be Home

I'll be home for Christmas

You can count on me

Please have snow and mistletoe

And presents by the tree

----------------

On Christmas Eve, Puck and Allison came over, unfortunately. We started watching some stupid Christmas movie together and Allison left halfway through to help Mom finish dinner. Puck was being so damn annoying so we got distracted and started fighting. Nothing new.

"Ew your arm is touching me, move!"

"No, I'm comfortable. Shut up Maya I'm trying to watch the movie."

"I was whispering!"

"You're not anymore-"

"Neither are you! Oh my god Puck!!!" I started to get really frustrated when after he took a sip from his water bottle, he tipped it and it spilled on the carpet. The worst part: it was beer.

"What? Stop yelling at me- oh yeah."

"Oh yeah," I mocked. "Is that beer?" I whisper-yelled, considering our parents were in just the other room. I wasn't going to snitch... yet.

"Maybe," he shrugged and drank what was left in the water bottle.

"Clean it up-"

"Maya, Noah, time for dinner!"

I groaned.

When Puck and I sat down for dinner, Mom clinked her spoon with her glass like she were a rich person at a banquet; she wasn't.

"Guys... Allison and I have an announcement for you."

"Great, me too," I said. "Noah spilled beer on the carpet." I sipped my water casually. Puck glared at me.

"Oh... you-? Nevermind, we'll talk about this later. Right Allison?"

"Of course." She nodded mock-solemnly and winked at Puck.

"So. Here we go... you guys are going to be so excited." She gave us a dramatic pause so long that Allison cut in.

"We're moving in together." Mom hit her on the arm playfully. 

I wasn't particularly surprised by the news; I'd suspected it would come sooner or later.

"I'm thrilled," I said monotonously, stirring my food.

"Moving in?" Puck asked angrily and stood up. "No. I am not moving in with her." He could at least pretend to like me.

"Drama queen," I said under my breath.

"Come on guys, it'll be fun... we'll get a bigger house and you can both have your own rooms!" My mom was lovely, but sometimes she didn't see the whole picture. Sure, it was fun in theory, but not when Puck and I couldn't stand each other - and especially not when Quinn came over to my house! To hang out, not...

A buzz across the room interrupted the conversation, along with my thoughts. Puck carelessly got up as his mom growled, "Noah," and he picked up his phone. It wasn't his that had buzzed. He grabbed the one next to it - mine - and said someone who called herself "Frannie" had contacted me. I excused myself to my mom's dismay and snatched it from his hand.

617-***-****

𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝙼𝚊𝚢𝚊! 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝙵𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚎 💗💗

𝚆𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚏 𝙻𝚞𝚌𝚢 & 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝? 𝙶𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔, 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚋𝚢. 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚊𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚎. 𝚡𝚡 𝙵𝚛𝚊𝚗