14 || Wedding March

The past few weeks have gone smoothly, thankfully. Detention went by quickly, Allison and Mom are getting along as good as ever, Quinn told me I was her "best friend," and Kurt has gotten no trouble from bullies!

This made me especially ecstatic because Karofsky wasn't the only day-to-day bully; there was Azimo and Jackson and Sean and Michael and I could probably list a few more. Basically everyone on the football team discounting glee club members bullied Kurt.

This meant one thing and one thing only: I scared them. Me, little Maya Callisto, a girl, scared big brawny football players. This fact deeply satisfied me.

So it was a great few weeks.

It was now a beautiful Saturday at the end of November, and I was at a church venue for Burt and Carol's wedding. I was helping Carol with her makeup because apparently I'm "the best they can do." Is that like some backhanded compliment? And I thought makeup was Kurt's forte.

Honestly, I think Carol didn't care much about her makeup and didn't want to spend extra money on it.

But it's fine. It was a short-notice wedding; since Burt had had a heart attack, he'd wanted to really live life as if there were no tomorrow, and I fully supported this sentiment.

So the glee club was doing the music and I was doing the bride's makeup.

I finished Carol's makeup after about an hour, wanting to take my time with it. I was grateful she had short hair, because there was no way they were getting me to do that. I never really style my hair, just straighten or curl it. So I would've failed at that.

"Thank you honey," Carol told me. She was completely dressed and ready to be wed, and we had a spare hour and a half until it started. I was glad that I wouldn't have to rush to get myself ready.

I went to a dressing room to get dressed. I slipped on my red v-neck dress and gold heels, then - just because Quinn was right there and wasn't busy - asked her to do my hair. Also because I couldn't do some intricate half-up hairstyle by myself.

I sat down at the mirror and she stood behind me. They'd told us to wear our hair up somehow, and I told Quinn to do whatever she felt like. All I knew is I felt her braiding some of my hair.

After a few minutes of silence, she tied the braid at the end. She gave me a hand mirror to look at it in, and I loved it.

 She gave me a hand mirror to look at it in, and I loved it

"Thanks, Quinn, it's perfect."

She paused, carefully thinking over her words, before replying, "You look stunning."

We looked at each other in the large mirror in front of us. I didn't think over my words when I said, "And you look gorgeous." Maybe she just meant my hair, and maybe I was supposed to say a simple 'thanks,' but I didn't.

We stayed still for a few seconds, contemplating what we'd said, before she broke the spell,  touching up my hair with a comb and saying we should help finish setting up. We only had an hour left to prepare. I redid some of my makeup in the mirror, before going out and helping with whatever was left to be done.