22 || Unpretty

March morphed into April, and April brought truth.

After winning regionals and our chaotic showcase - "A Night of Neglect" - after being Quinn's girlfriend for a whole month, after holding hands and secret dates and kisses, the truth would come out, as it always seems to do.

----------------

The day before, while at Mr. Schue's "Booty Camp" where we learned to improve our dancing skills, Finn broke Rachel's nose. With his terrible dancing. We all knew it was inevitable, to be honest.

Now we were sitting at glee practice and Rachel announces she wants a nose job. It reminds me of the time Quinn told me she was getting one, when she changed everything about herself. I think Rachel is pretty the way she is, but just like with Quinn, I'll support her decision. It's not my place anyway. So I stayed silent for the time being.

"Let's say I wanted to have a slightly more demure nose? Like... Quinn's, for example." I thought this was funny considering Quinn had taken inspiration from a celebrity who had also gotten a nose job, who had taken inspiration from someone else, and I'd guess the list just goes on. But nobody else knew that of course.

"I- I would never change my appearance for vanity, but, I mean, the doctor said that it could possibly improve my talent, which would help us all for nationals..." and I think that's a load of crap and you don't like your nose.

She went on about how her changing her appearance would actually somehow benefit us, but I tuned back in when Santana began, "Hold up. Could we all just get real here for a second? I hear that Rachel's got a bit of a schnoz. I mean I wouldn't know, because like Medusa I try to avoid eye contact with her." Same. Santana and I aren't great friends, but most of the time we're on the same wavelength.

She continued, "But can we all just stop lying about how there aren't things that we wouldn't change about ourselves? I mean I'm sure that Sam's been at the doctor's office and rifled through pamphlets on mouth reduction. I'll bet Artie's thought about getting his legs removed, since he's not really using them anyways. And I'm definitely sure that Tina's looked into getting an eye de-slanting." I didn't really agree with her anymore and I thought she was just being plain mean. She's pointing out everyone's flaws for what reason? It feels like I'm back at Elida all over again.

The worst part is Quinn has definitely done the same thing even though she was bullied. I heard in Sophomore year she picked on Rachel for her appearance even though she knows exactly what that feels like!

I looked at Quinn and she, like the rest of the glee club, seemed a bit uncomfortable. Maybe she's changed since then? Personally, I can't think of a time when I've heard her say anything demeaning.

As everyone started talking about what they wished they could change about themselves, I remained unusually silent. What would I change about myself? The way I look is fine, my dancing is fine, my singing is fine, the fact that I like girls is fine, so... I'm not so sure. Maybe I love everything about myself. It doesn't matter anyway, it's not like I'll have to wear my biggest insecurity on a t-shirt or anything.

----------------

Quinn's running for prom queen with Finn, much to my distaste. Rachel is jealous of her; she's very dramatic like that. I guess I'm a little worried about Finn too, considering he could make a move on Quinn and would be oblivious that we're together (because even though the whole glee club knows we kissed and has observed us holding hands and such, Finn's a little slow).