18 || In the Heat of the Moment

The weekend had been lovely. Quinn and I had spent most of it together, actually...

I guess Valentine's Day had changed something between us.

Anyways, it was now Monday night and Puck and I were getting along scarily well. We were watching the first Pirates of the Caribbean together, which we both apparently loved. And we weren't fighting for once! It was actually kind of nice.

Since we both knew the movie backwards and forwards, we talked a little too. No, we weren't insulting each other! Crazy, right?!

Eventually, Puck turned to me, not before grossly shoving a handful of popcorn in his mouth, and asked, "Ever been to a party?" He intercepted before I could answer, "Wait- right, nobody would invite you." Okay, so maybe we were still insulting each other a little.

"No, I haven't, but that's because everyone at my last school were stuck-up pricks." I finished, shoving a few pieces of popcorn in my mouth angrily. I really would've loved to have gone to a party; I would've this year, but in reality nobody had invited me... maybe I was in with the wrong crowd. If I had joined literally any other clique I would've gone to at least ten parties by now.

"Jeez, what school did you go to? Harvard?"

I laughed. "If you had talked to Frannie at Christmas, you would know that Harvard students are anything but stuck up."

He kicked me. I threateningly raised my arms as if I were a boxer.

"Oh right, so I was gonna tell you, you should come to Rachel's party on Saturday."

"Rachel's party? Did I hear you right?"

"Yeah, her parents won't be home and I convinced her to."

"I swear, you're going to corrupt everyone in glee club by the end of the year."

"Who says I haven't already?"

"I'm right here."

"Your innocence was already corrupted."

"Shut up."

----------------

Everyone in glee club, along with Blaine and Kurt, ended up coming to her party.

I graciously invited Alan and Richard as well, since it seems word didn't get to them. Most of the glee club takes them for granted and doesn't even know their names! Alan was reluctant on coming, though, but eventually Richard and I convinced him. He said he wouldn't drink.

In her basement, there was a stage (which she said was used for impromptu performances), washer, dryer, armchairs, and a bar. She had also set out wine coolers.

I sat down at an armchair and kicked my legs up on the table in front of it. When Quinn approached Rachel after having just arrived, Rachel asked, "Hey girlfriend, having fun?"

Quinn looked around boredly before locking eyes with me. She then smiled and said, "Not at all." Rachel looked offended as Quinn made her way over and sat at the armchair next to me.

"Hey there," I greeted her.

"Hey," she replied softly.

"Okay let's uh, let's go over the rules," Rachel began. "Everybody gets two drink tickets to keep things from getting out of hand. We're serving wine coolers today, that is our specialty drink..."

I sighed, pitying her. "Why can't we just break into your dad's liquor cabinet?" I asked loudly, and she turned around to face me.

"My dads trusted me, no way..."