26 || I'd Do Anything For You

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains homophobia.

----------------

When I first walked into school I knew something was off. People were staring at me; Freshmans, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors alike. I stared back at them - it's an easy way to make someone uncomfortable.

Then I got to my locker, and that's when it hit. An ugly slur for lesbians was plastered on it in red marker. The stares. The whispering. The plan to make Kurt prom queen.

They're just like me, if I enjoyed making people suffer - which I don't. They use my tactic: be nice to their face and anonymously and secretly hurt them. At least I had good intentions.

As I grabbed a textbook and slammed my locker shut, I noticed Sam was right there. "Uh, hey Maya." He scratched his neck uncomfortably.

"Need something?" I asked bitterly. I shouldn't be taking this out on Sam. "Sorry. Rough Morning. Nothing personal." Now I was the one getting uncomfortable.

He opened his mouth to say something when Richard approached. He sped up when he saw my locker. "What happened?"

"Wondering the same thing," I replied.

It was Sam's turn to gawk at it. "Who did this? What...?"

"Dunno. Gotta get to class-"

He interrupted me, "Quinn. She's in the bathroom. You need to go see her."

I sighed, not even bothering to wonder how he knew this. "Bye Rich. Bye Sam."

I speed-walked to where my girlfriend allegedly was - the girls' bathroom.

I poked my head inside. The sinks were empty, but one stall was closed. "Quinn? You in there?" I asked, staying in the doorway in case that was not her.

"Nope, just me," came Lauren's voice.

I shut the door behind me, furrowing my eyebrows. I had a mystery to solve.

----------------

Quinn missed PE, my second period of the day. It's the only class we share. It's actually normally a really fun class, despite me not particularly liking physical education. I enjoy spending time with my girlfriend and that's enough. 

Maybe she just didn't show up to school today? I haven't texted her yet since I just assumed she'd be in PE, so I decided to take the chance to now.

Me

𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚛 𝚞?

...

...

...

Q 💕

𝚠𝚍𝚢𝚖?

Me

𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚞 𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚙𝚎...

...

...

Q 💕

𝚒𝚖 𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐.

Me