Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Oh, wow," I said as Chester stepped out of his car. I gave him two thumbs up. I saw him blush, so I grinned to myself. I consider myself as a Chester enthusiast and as such, marami akong bagay na alam sa kanya and one of the things I know about him ay he usually just has two settings—one is the hospital uniform and one is his casual attire aka denim pants, black shirt, and some sneakers. But tonight? Mukhang nagkaroon bigla ng third setting!

"You clean up really well," I added. "Approved," sabi ko pa as I gave him my thumbs up again.

"Dala ko 'yung wine," he told me.

I nodded as I opened my phone and went to the camera. "Let's take a photo muna," sabi ko kasi kapag pumasok na kami sa loob ng bahay, I was certain that my parents would have hundred questions for him. And I just knew that Rhys would invite him to drink and they'll have the 'talk.'

"Hindi selfie," I said kasi tumayo na siya sa tabi ko, being the trained boyfriend that he was. I propped my phone on the hood of his car and naka-video iyon.

"Video?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'll just screen shot iyong mga gusto kong poses," I told him as I stood right in front of him. I placed my hands on his shoulders and his hands automatically went to the sides of my waist. He was wearing a light gray pants, black long sleeves na naka-open iyong first three buttons and naka-fold up to the middle of his arms iyong sleeves, and black leather loafers. His hair was also styled! I felt like I died for a second nung bumaba siya sa car niya. I was wearing a black satin mini dress. It was a 'formal' dinner because Mama invited his chef friend to prepare our dinner. I was pretty sure nagpapa-impress lang siya sa boyfriend ko.

"Ano'ng gagawin ko?" he asked.

"Nothing," I replied as I smiled at him.

We probably looked like two fools dancing with no music, but this moment felt like magic. Isinandal ko iyong ulo ko sa chest niya. I felt his head resting on top of mine.

Napatigil kami when Rhys' car pulled over. I frowned when he rolled his eyes nang makita kami.

"Be nice," I told him.

"Wala naman akong ginagawa," he replied as he gave Chester a nod. Magkakilala na kasi sila—I mean, not close, but also there's no need for an introduction. Feel ko kaya kilala ni Rhys kasi may crush siya kay Cha before kaya marami siyang alam. I remember him telling me before to get him donuts nung BAR niya—ibibigay pala kay Cha. Galing kaya sa allowance ko 'yon!

Nauna pumasok si Rhys sa loob ng house. Tumingin ako kay Chester. He looked... calm. Mas mukhang ako pa iyong kinakabahan kahit na alam ko na mabait naman iyong parents ko and they already told me that they approve—not that it's needed naman, but of course it's nice to know.

"Ready?" I asked, but instead of answering, he gave me a quick kiss on the lips. I frowned, but he knew that arte ko lang 'yon.

* * *

Chester was in the garden having coffee with Rhys. Napatingin ako kay Mama nung lumapit siya sa akin.

"Can you tell him that I'm sorry?"

"For what?" I asked.

"I accidentally asked him about his dad," Mama replied. I just gave her a small nod. The dinner was going great up until Mama asked Chester about his dad. It was so obvious how his mood suddenly changed, but he gave a short and polite reply, still. He just said that he's doing fine, but didn't really elaborate after that. Mukhang aware naman iyong parents ko sa situation nila sa bahay. I mean, the world is a small place (nasa iisang social circle lang iyong parents namin, so chismis travels fast) (and it was confirmed din nung dito sa house nagcelebrate ng Christmas iyong Dad nila and si Cha). That was... a rather awkward time.