Episode 2: Whistlin' Susie

~The Man Cave~

*anyone else just like looking at clothes you'll never buy or is it just me?*

Internet trends. Love 'em, hate 'em, they're all the rage. Challenges especially, people love those and as a general rule, the crazier they are, the more views they get, which is part of the problem.

The more danger, the more discomfort, the higher the probability of death and people are all over the video like a rash, which is why every teenager in Swellview wanted in on the action. A chance for five minutes of fame just for doing something stupid, they were all doing them to see if they could get their video to go viral on Twitflash. That would lead to followers, fame, record deals, interviews and having the world at their feet, they just knew it.

Now, the Man Cave just so happened to have three teens of its own and like all kids their age, Henry, Charlotte and Jasper were partial to the odd cat video or meme. However, when it came to being the starring actors in these crazy challenges, two out of three took a step back.

Charlotte, being the wisest shared (y/n)'s perspective on the matter; they were dumb, she didn't understand them and she had better things to do with her time. Henry, being not so wise but still quite responsible, preferred to do his job and kick back and relax when he wasn't out fighting crime--adding to his injuries just wasn't it for him.

And then, there was Jasper. Dear, sweet yet...stupid Jasper. Being the most naive of the three and bored half the time, he jumped on any opportunity to try his hand at making it big, which was why he, (y/n) and Charlotte were currently waiting to start a "food challenge video" something or other. Seriously, they didn't understand what he was trying to achieve, they were just there to film it.

"Hey, what's up? It's Jasper, the friendly host!" The boy smiled into the camera as Charlotte recorded his "adventure" on her phone whilst (y/n) and Schwoz tested the voltage on several gadgets from around the Man Cave. Honestly, they had no idea why he was doing this now or why it had to be in his place of work because it wasn't like anyone would see it. That video was banned from ever being shared since it was a huge security risk, but Jasper kept going anyway.

"...here in the Man Cave and I'm about to take the five-second banana challenge!" He went on, making everyone roll their eyes at how stupid it was. Seriously, was this what amounted to fame these days? At least Ray and Henry didn't have to hear this drivel; they'd popped out on a small errand and said they'd be back later, which left (y/n) pining for her doofus and Jasper free to do whatever he wanted. When the cat is away, the mice will play--or shoot dumb videos.

"It cannot be done, Jasper," Schwoz mentioned in his goofy accent as he went to sit at the supercomputer. He was a man of science, he knew biology, chemistry, and physics as well as something called common sense, which most teenagers in Swellview seemed to lack, so he knew that the kid was gonna choke and die rather than go viral.