Episode 24: Sister Twister Part 2

How can three seconds feel like a lifetime? Because as Piper screamed her lungs out, it sure felt like it.

Possibly the longest three seconds of (y/n)'s life as she stood there, her shattered heart pounding in her chest as she took in the messy yet shell-shocked girl. A small part of her brain clocked that her outfit was adorable, and she had to know where she got her bandana from, but the rest of it was on fire.

Synapses fizzed and popped as she used her best brain cells to come up with an idea, an excuse, or just anything that would save their skins in this situation, but to say those three seconds felt long; she couldn't think of anything in the time, apart from the fact that her world was crumbling around her.

Her doofus looked like he'd seen a ghost, and Henry looked like he'd died. She probably didn't look much better, and they all gawped at the girl, who eventually couldn't scream anymore as her lungs ran out of air, but that wasn't the end. How could it be? She'd discovered their secret identities, which was never supposed to have happened but had.

Tragically, it happened, and now they were stuck because Piper would never forget the image of her older brother and friend donning that famous uniform as long as she lived, and she'd never forget the dull ache in her chest from the pure deception of it all. How could they lie to her like that?

"OH MY GOD! My brother is Kid Danger, and my second best friend is Miss Danger!" She panted, simultaneously on the verge of a heart attack and a panic attack as the sidekicks scrambled to convince her otherwise. It was futile, and Ray saw they could at least try, even in his utter heartache.

"No, I'm—we're not! I mean, no, I—they're not! I mean, no, we're not."

"Y-yeah, who's your brother and best friend? I mean, they sound awesome, but they're not us—you should leave, like right now," (y/n) backed up Henry as they crowded around the girl, urging her to go back up the tube she came from. They had no idea how she came down in the first place, but they wanted her gone so they could forget the entire day like some terrible nightmare.

But it was tricky when Piper caught sight of a moody Ray sauntering across the Man Cave, dragging his heels and heart behind him - she couldn't stop looking and working things out.

"And you must be Henry's boss from Junk-N-Stuff! (y/n)'s goofy fiancé!" She yelled, pushing past her brother and friend to face the unimpressed man, who, despite the crisis, behaved remarkably calmly. Maybe it was something to do with the fact that he died a little on the inside when his lover said she hated him, but he couldn't think about that right now. Some emergencies take priority over others, and he didn't need to worry when he had everything under his control.

"I sure am! You've got a smart sister, Henry! I see why you hang out with my sweet—with (y/n)," Ray joyfully exclaimed, an almost creepy grin plastered across his face since there was nothing to be happy about, as evidenced by him stopping himself from saying his favourite name. It didn't feel right, not when he didn't know how she truly felt.

"Dude!"
"Captain Man!" The boy and woman hissed as they panicked, wondering why he would say that and so calmly. Did he not see the jeopardy they were in?

"Yeah, that's your brother. I'm his boss, and she's...my fiancée and your friend. Make yourself at home," Ray smiled at the girl warmly as she gazed at him, walleyed. He could still call her that, right? She was still his fiancée even after everything was said and done because she hadn't taken off the ring. Maybe he had a slight chance, a small glimmer in the hopes of getting her back. He'd tear the galaxy apart if it meant he could.

"I will be riiiiiight back," he told them before walking off, causing his sidekicks to be suspicious of his unusually pally behaviour.

"Wait, why are you being so calm about this? And where are you going, doo..doofus?" (y/n) called out after him as he disappeared through the sprocket, meaning he probably didn't hear how sad and lonely her tone got as her favourite name slipped out. If she could turn back time...well, she'd change a lot of things, but if there were only one thing she could do, it would be putting her hand over her past self's poxy mouth, so she didn't maim the man she loved.