Episode 39: Captain Drex

*knowing these books are coming to an end after all this time genuinely makes me cry. as did writing all this angst (an update after 2 days has to be a record). BUT FEAR NOT! our sweet girl will have the ending she deserves.

So please, enjoy this chapter as we approach the finale of Henry Danger.*

"Drex."

"But then, Bose said, I am Bose! And he kicked Drex right in the dindee. And Drex said I am defeated! Then, Bose drew hips broadsword and ruled the kingdom peacefully for a hundred years...But that's a story for another day."

"Y'know, you have a really vivid imagination," (y/n) noted dryly once Bose finished his epic recollection.

To say she wasn't in the mood was an understatement. Don't get her wrong; he was a cute kid, but dear God, she wasn't in the mood for fun, games, and lighthearted japery. Nothing seemed carefree at that moment, not when her hands were bound behind her back, and a thick, neon green cord strapped her torso to a chair.

Bose's story was good, but hers was better. The funniest thing had happened, yet she wouldn't wake up if someone pinched her. This wasn't a dream. Henry had quit. The Man Cave was in ruins. She was in a constant stream of tears. And the cherry on top of the shitty cake was Drex. He was back. Oh, yeah. As ugly and menacing as ever, with a gaggle of rabid cavemen following his every order.

She wanted to wake up now if this was a dream, but the raw pain of the rope rubbing her wrists told her this was real. Drex had infiltrated their hideout, captured her, Ray, Bose, and Schwoz, and tied them to chairs while he gloated.

This was his little cockadoodle of victory - finally capturing Captain Man and his sweet cupcake after millions of years in exile. It didn't make sense, but tell that to her pounding heart, gurgling tummy, and the bastard standing over her trembling form.

"Thank you, Gronk, Tork," Bose thanked the two cavemen sitting on the floor, howling and grunting like animals at the boy's funny words. (y/n) rolled her eyes for the millionth time, outwardly portraying annoyance and fury when she was internally dying, scared and anxious about why this was happening now.

"This is your new sidekick?" Drex spat, lips curling savagely as he looked down on his old boss. He was condescending as he always was, eyes full of hate for the man who ruined his life and kicked his ass several times.

"No," Ray hissed in reply, still trying to get his head around everything. One minute he was trying to find a way to bring Henry back, and then, he was hanging upside with his sweet girl calling his name and his archenemy hauling him into a chair. Now, he was tied up, pushed against an innocent child with his precious fiancée dragged across the room. His life was falling apart...

"Well, you're gonna need a new one. 'Cause right about now, Henry Hart's getting a visit from my best cavemen," the villain smirked, loving how his plan was unfolding just how he had planned it. Although, the sophisticated chimps on the floor found his favouritism offensive.

"Aw, Gronk. I didn't mean it like that. Cavemen are so sensitive!" He retorted, toying with his prisoners as they glared back.

"Yeah, well, I hope they're sensitive to pain because you're best cavemen are probably getting their cavemen butts kicked right now!" Ray growled, jerking against his restraints when Drex's eyes slid to (y/n), who did her best not to look scared. He'd deliberately put her next to Schwoz and not her doofus, wanting to see them suffer separately, and it prevented the Captain from pulling any escape ideas.

Despite all that confidence crap she'd found over the years, he terrified her. Wasn't it supposed to be helping her now? She couldn't stop shaking, but it was okay. Ray was right there, and she was safe with her doofus; he made her invincible. And he was correct; Henry was like a stick man, but he could kick ass, especially against some troglodytic savages.