[ 004 ] in happiness comes tragedy.

FOUND LANDS.

chapter four, in happiness comes tragedy.
[ season five, episode two ]

triggers of sexual assault and rape!! PLEASE DO NOT READ AFTER ODESSA LEAVES THE CHURCH IF EITHER OF THOSE TRIGGER YOU!!!!!

AFTER THEY SECURE THE the church, the group settles. Well, settles as best they can. Four separate groups make runs.

Rick, Sasha, Bob, Michonne, and Gabriel go for an overrun store. Tara, Glenn, and Maggie found a gun store in a phone book. Theo and Odessa hit the houses nearby. Carol and Daryl leave in search of a water source.

There aren't very many. Small cabins in the woods, small neighborhoods. Gabriel said he had cleaned out everything nearby but with someone as scared as him, you could never be sure.

Theo and Odessa walk down a gravel driveway together towards a house in the woods. They can't see it through the trees yet but they anticipate another hill-billy cabin.

"This path reminds me of the prison," Theo murmurs. Odessa looks at him and shrugs.

"I guess so," she says. "Just the gravel path."

"Just that," he nods in agreement. "The man at Terminus—"

"He had a gun pointed at the back of my head." Odessa cuts him off. "It was me and the rest of you or him. I did what was right."

"I know. I wasn't sayin' you didn't, Dessa." Theo's brows furrow. "I know you did the right thing."

Odessa heaves a deep breath. "Carol found me right after I did it. I was standing there, starin' at someone I'd just murdered. Covered in his blood."

"It's good she found you." Theo claims. "You two did a good job getting us out."

"Yeah," she trails off. She stops in her tracks, shock hits her like a truck. Theo comes to a halt beside her.

"Oh, holy shit." He whispers, eyes widened.

What's before them is huge. Neither have seen something like it in their lives.

It's a mansion.

And they're about to get it all for themselves.

The two teens, suddenly amped with giddiness, make a beeline toward the mansion. There's a gate you can only open with a code but the fence is climbable. The two throw their bags over the fence and climb over it.

Once they're over, they pull their guns out and grabs their bags. Then they creep through the huge front yard— courtyard toward the porch.

There's a fountain in the middle of a round-a-bout drive-way. No water shoots from the fountain anymore. The water is green with leaves floating on top and algae climbing up the sides of the fountain.

They step up the brick stairs and open the door. Odessa hits the hand of her gun against the door to attract any walkers inside.

Theo and Odessa wait.

Nothing.

Both creep inside the huge home and split up to clear it faster. They keep their guns out because they aren't stupid. The house is huge, walkers could've been somewhere they couldn't reach them at the front door.

They search the house that feels like it stretches for miles. Finally, Odessa opens the master bedroom.

Inside is a huge canopy bed. The covers are rustled as if someone just got out of bed and didn't fix it before leaving for work.